Insider is hiring a deputy editor to run and expand its Markets and Investing team in London.
The deputy editor will oversee a team of reporters and editors covering a broad range of markets and investing stories both in front of and behind the paywall. Reporting to the UK bureau chief, with dotted lines to teams in the US, they will help to set and steer the editorial agenda, and support the team in producing spot news, wraps, original stories, and interview-driven features.
Markets Insider is a global real-time markets news and data destination that attracts millions of readers monthly, while our investing team provides premium content to readers searching for the most insightful and actionable investment advice possible.
The deputy editor will also be tasked with spotting opportunities for expansion in both coverage and staffing, and work closely with our teams in Singapore and the US to elevate our markets and investing coverage, ensuring the teams produce consistently excellent and ambitious work.
We’re looking for someone with a demonstrated track record of successfully running large teams and who will enjoy acting as a leader, manager, and motivator in a fast-paced environment where innovation and experimentation are encouraged.
The Ideal Candidate Has
- An excellent editorial background and proven experience of working at a leadership level across teams and geographies at a digital publication
- Experience of managing staff and getting high-level performance from a team
- Willingness to coach and mentor junior members of the team
- A natural ability for telling markets and investing stories in a relatable and compelling way that readers love, and across a variety of formats
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, with impeccable attention to detail
- Proven experience of handling sensitive stories and legal reads
- An appreciation for Business Insider and what we do
Are you passionate about this opportunity, but worried that you don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for? We still want to hear from you! Apply online and let us know why you would make a great addition to the Insider community.
About Us: Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Insider and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories, which command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment are critical to our success. All of this helps us get better every day. Check out our mission, values, and culture page to learn more.
Insider Inc supports a distributed workforce that allows for varied work locations. Many roles are eligible for 100% remote or hybrid remote/office work unless otherwise noted.