The Chicago Tribune is hiring a deputy senior content editor to help edit and manage editorial workflow for news topic teams. As deputy senior content editor, you will possess strong news judgment and apply digital skills and understanding of what drives audience engagement. You will work in a fast-paced newsroom that requires all editors to juggle multiple responsibilities on any given day. Key responsibilities will include planning, assigning, writing and editing stories for our print and digital products.
Relevant Skills Include
- Strong editing skills with the ability to transform a story and help a writer deliver work that merits publication in the Chicago Tribune.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks with very little supervision, while being quick, accurate and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make smart, data-driven decisions on story promotion, inclusion and emphasis across all platforms, from sites to apps to email newsletters to social to alerts, to reflect the Tribune’s brand and mission.
- Familiarity with tools used to measure performance of digital content, including Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Ability to work independently while also able to operate efficiently in a team dynamic.
- Solid grasp of the rules of grammar, spelling, punctuation and AP style. Ability to write and edit accurately, with clarity, without bias.
- Possess some photo editing skills, including pulling photos from wires and other sources, cropping for publication and building galleries.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and samples of your work as applicable to email@example.com. Please put Deputy Sr. Content Editor in the subject line.
Tribune Publishing is committed to hiring people with diverse backgrounds, voices and visions. Be yourself. Bring yourself. Because that’s the only way we will deliver on our mission to provide meaningful journalism to the diverse communities we serve. We hold ourselves accountable for fostering inclusion and opportunity across race, gender, age, creed, identity and experience. Join us.