Jack’s Flight Club is a fully remote business with team members all over the world. We’re committed to uncovering outrageous deals on flights and removing the barriers to travel. We are looking to add an eagle-eyed flight searcher and content writer to turn our member’s (long overdue) travel dreams into reality.
You’ll be joining a small team of experts going the extra mile to find and write up engaging and informative cheap flight deals for our audience in the USA. The role will also have opportunities to write long-form content for a large community of budding travelers, as well as working with other areas to make JFC the go-to destination for travel content.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate traveller who knows their way around traveling on a budget, who loves to go off the beaten track and mix with the locals.
Most importantly, they’ll have a keen eye for writing concise copy with personality and humour and get a kick out of sending someone on a holiday they never imagined taking.
You will get all the training and support you need to become an expert in air travel but a proven record of working with large data sets and making complex decisions is a big plus.
- Searching for flight deals that help our members travel more and save cash.
- Writing engaging, informative and inspirational deal emails.
- Analysing sent emails performance and experimenting with future.
- Collaborating with other team members to ensure timely delivery and comprehensive coverage of deal emails.
- Writing longer form travel content for our social media and blog channels.
- Testing and giving feedback on new internal and customer-facing features.
This is a full-time role (37.5 hours) that involves some (limited/flexible) weekend work. Our deals are often time-sensitive, so we’re looking for someone who can work during US daytime hours.
Experience and requirements
- A quick-thinking and engaging writer who can adapt to our conversational, punchy tone, is good at polishing even the smallest details and delivering copy that’s ready to go.
- Just as important is the ability to analyze lots of data and build comprehensive expertise of flight pricing and location information.
- Someone who isn’t afraid to ask questions or receive and give feedback.
- Has flexibility for a few hours of work during weekends, on a rota.
- Understands how critical communication is at a fully remote company and has experience or can adapt to effectively collaborating with colleagues all over the world.
- Has some professional experience as a writer
- Good at picking up technical skills quickly and comfortable working with a range of software and tools.
- An understanding of SEO best practices is beneficial, but not required.
To apply for this role, stick your details in this application form. No questions asking you to repeat stuff already in your CV, promise 🙂