CareerFoundry is helping people build a career they love through immersive online courses and career services in UX Design, UI Design, and Web Development.
Our 100% online, flexible, mentor-driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education.
About the Course Writer Role:
You’ll be contracted for 2 to 4 months as a subject matter expert to write a long-form data analysis course. With the support of our curriculum design team, you’ll help create an engaging, challenging, and immersive online course which will take learners from beginners to hireable junior data analysts. The course itself consists mainly of text-based content supplemented by images, examples, links to additional resources, and hands-on project work to help students develop the job skills they need to land a role in the industry.
What you’ll be doing:
With the support of the CF curriculum design team, you’ll…
- refine the curriculum outline for the course
- write the course content (lessons, project brief, hands-on tasks) for at least one unit
- collaborate with and address feedback from other data analysts.
- source or create images, visualizations, spreadsheets, formulas, data sets, etc. to support lessons and hands-on projects
- work closely with our curriculum team to ensure quality and engagement
What’s in it for you:
Apart from working independently and remotely while combining your creative and technical skills, there’s also...
- generous compensation and flexible working hours
- the addition of course content writer to your CV and ongoing professional networking opportunities
- a possible rolling contract on course updates and mentoring
What we’re looking for:
- a data analyst with at least 3 years of experience
- experience of SQL and relevant Python libraries in a professional setting
- a native or near-native level of English
- excellent writing skills and a strong interest in instructional writing
- teaching or mentoring experience
- experience of remote work
- good communication skills and openness to feedback and queries