Actively Learn is an award-winning digital curriculum that drives student engagement and equity through deeper learning. Our flexible features and comprehensive, standards-aligned resources empower teachers to deepen students’ comprehension in ELA, social studies, and science. Actively Learn is part of the Achieve3000 suite of digital education solutions.
- Contract timeline 20 hours/week through end of April
In this role you will craft instruction designed to deepen student understanding and engagement in Social Studies. You will bring a critical eye to all assignments by fact-checking, examining for bias, and ensuring assignments are inclusive and respectful of diverse perspectives. You will work with a small but mighty team that seeks to support all students by curating engaging content and building differentiated instruction that takes student thinking to the next level.
- Write instruction for social studies assignments grades 3-12 that supports an inclusive, critical understanding of civics and history
- Align questions to social studies state standards
- Experience crafting high-quality instruction for social studies grades 3-12 that is inclusive, culturally responsive, and historically accurate
- Experience teaching critical history and cultivating a welcoming and inclusive learning environment
- Familiarity with social studies standards in one or more states.
- Email resume, cover letter, and a sample social studies assignment that you’ve created to email@example.com.
- Be prepared to complete a work sample if the team reaches out to you.