Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks an experienced Curriculum Writer to join our Science team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Curriculum Writer will play an active role in achieving the organizational mission of Great Minds. Reporting directly to the Lead Writer of PhD Science, the Curriculum Writer will be responsible for collaborating with the programs team to craft new curricular materials and related offerings. This is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, dedicated, and passionate individual to apply his or her skills to support the business growth and mission of Great Minds.
The Curriculum Writer will work on key tasks, not limited to
- Collaborate with the program team to craft new curricular materials and related offerings.
- Craft lessons that include following: rationale, teacher notes, guiding questions, concept instruction, exploration activities, and performance assessments.
- Help create scaffolds/accommodations to meet the needs of all learners, including English language learners, students with special needs, students performing below grade level, and students performing above grade level. Revise lessons as indicated during the review process.
- Work with Great Minds’ staff to ensure accurate content and presentation in a developmentally appropriate sequence.
- Participate in regular communication with the program team to ensure that lesson development meets the high standards set for the program and are consistent with lessons being developed across the grade spans.
- Contribute to the creation of professional development curriculum and present at programs, workshops, and institutes offered by Great Minds, PBC.
- Provide his/her services to ensure the goals of the program are met with the highest standards of quality and in a timely manner.
- Deep content knowledge in Science with a Bachelors or Masters in an associated content area.
- Minimum of five years teaching experience, with Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate experience preferred for secondary grade writers.
- Superior writing skills with demonstrated writing ability (writing sample required).
- Knowledge of the Next Generation Science Standards desired.
- Comfortable with technology and able to learn new applications.
A cover letter and resume are required to be considered for this position.
If selected for an interview, a salary history and background check will be required.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.