At RVU, we have the best of both worlds; the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- Uswitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching, helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate and saveonenergy.com (launched in 2018 and 2019 respectively) are fast establishing themselves as innovative, consumer-centric websites that will help propel our future growth.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
Our growing team is looking for an enthusiastic marketing copywriter to help make CRM at RVU best-in-class. With your experience in crafting compelling, customer-centric communications, you will flourish in a growing, highly engaged team championing the continuous improvement of our CRM capability, whilst capturing the hearts and minds of our customers.
As we strive to make CRM at RVU bigger and better than ever before, we need people who embody our beliefs, so if you like to run up escalators, believe in getting better everyday and think everything should be written in pencil, then we should talk!
Email will be the primary channel you’ll be writing for, but not the only channel now that we’ve added Push messaging to our repertoire! Hot on the heels of Push, is In-App messaging as our appetite for a multi-channel approach grows.
What You’ll Be Responsible For
- Writing compelling and actionable copy that consistently employs our tone of voice. This means you’ll be direct and clear, always; make people feel at ease with our warmth and understanding; make things easy, no matter the situation and always put our customers at the centre of everything we say.
- Support copy requests for A/B and/or multivariate tests to optimise campaigns
- Tailor copy to suit different audience types
- Help the CRM team deliver personalisation and dynamic content through thoughtful content blocks with message versioning and/or sequencing
- Work hand-in-hand with designers to ensure what we say and how we say it is presented/supported in the best way visually
- Leverage analytics reporting to fine-tune subject lines, copy, CTAs, etc. to drive continuous improvement
You’ll Be Great At
It goes without saying (but we’ll say it anyway), written communication is where you excel and multi-channel CRM is where you most enjoy putting your passion and skills to work.
- A creative thinker, you’ll have a knack for striking the right balance
- Collaborating with others is second nature to you
- You’re quick to implement feedback, learn, refine, and get better
- You inspire customers to open with sensational subject lines
- You know just how words work in harmony with design
- You know the value of a genuine conversation, whatever the subject
- You can flex your writing style to reach all of our audiences
- Words bring you happiness, and you use them to share it
- You can’t read anything without wincing at errors
- You’ve got a great sense of humour and can put it to work
- Data and strategy are your very best friends
- You’re a results driver, always striving for excellence and looking for opportunities to test and learn
- A minimum 5+ years experience writing copy for marketing, specifically CRM/email
- Stellar communication skills and excellent written English suiting various audiences
- Expert in clear, concise, imaginative copywriting - have a love and feel for language with attention to trends and colloquialisms
- A mix of agency and client-side experience preferred
- Experienced at communicating with confidence and conviction at all levels
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Be proactive, fun and hardworking with a positive outlook
- Comfortable working in an environment where change is a constant
- An understanding and experience of writing copy for comparison sites a plus
- A test and learn mentality, you understand results and focus on constant improvement using best practices
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at RVU even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- Excellent maternity, paternity and adoption leave policy, for those key moments in your life
- Health insurance
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year (when we can travel again!)