Magic is a frictionless way to plug in thoroughly vetted, cost-effective remote workers, to help scale your key business functions. Through a combination of automation and active work, we tap into our network of vetted remote workers who handle tasks from virtual assistance and customer service to sales lead generation and scheduling across various team members—like magic.
TL;DR: Forget the job boards, or marketplaces, and let us handle the vetting process so you’ll only interact with the best, and most reliable remote workers, every time.
Our company came out of Y Combinator in 2015. Since then we've grown to 1000+ remote workers, with strong venture-backing (including Sequoia Capital) and over $30M in funding to date. We are fully remote across Asia and US time zones.
Why This Role Exists
You will be reporting to the Head Writer, You will create content on an ongoing basis to support and promote campaigns and to attract leads through creative scripts, Ads, and PR efforts. You will develop copy, creative concepts and supporting material for a wide variety of internal and external communication projects. You will conduct research to obtain factual information and authentic detail, utilizing sources such as public listing, diaries, and interviews.
The Creative writer will be responsible for writing and producing various written content from script to PR articles and deliver on-trend content to create cohesive messages that promote Magic’s products and services to a broad public audience.
What Are Your Responsibilities
- Developed and pitched creative concepts. Creating a piece that will help the company boost brand awareness. (25%)
- Researching industry-related topics (combining online sources, interviews and studies). To make writing credible, and have enough knowledge about the subject to explain it to the audience in interesting ways (20%)
- Developed copy, creative concepts and supporting material for a wide variety of internal and external communication projects. (50%)
- Communicate with managers about edits before final publication. (5%)
- Experience required - at least 1-2 years in creative ideation, script writing, execution of creative and PR campaigns and/or initiatives.
- 1-2 years of progressive writing experience for B2B in the US
- Knowledgeable in creating storyboard
- Experienced to launch PR campaign in the US
- Education required: Bachelor’s Degree of any course
Your Superpowers Are...
- You are capable of time management.
- You have creativity and originality.
- You are a quick learner, easily adaptable, and can keep up with a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
- You must have initiatives in sharing your ideas.
You Should Apply If...
- You have a dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- You are a storyteller that can captivate and sustain the interests of the audience.
- You always conduct research to collect current and accurate information about your topics.
- You are highly reliable with a GSD mindset despite external circumstances. You say what you mean and do what you say. You are consistent and take ownership in situations, large or small.
- You are Proactive, see potential problems before they happen, and aren’t afraid to speak up/challenge the status quo.
- You thrive in a remote work environment. Fully remote work is not for everyone; it requires the ability to quickly pick up online tools, get familiar with our tech stack (G-Drive, Slack, Notion, and a variety of modern writing tools), and the ability to communicate well in writing.
- You love learning new things. Whether you learn best through reading, listening, doing, or exploring, you’re perpetually curious about the world and work around you and always trying to level up your personal and professional life through self-directed learning.
- Permanent work from home forever! Zero commuting and goodbye traffic and spend more time with your family.
- Custom environment - Set up your noise level just the way you want it. And if you’re mindful of your workspace ergonomics, you can create a stronger rhythm for your workflows too - Exercising your creativity and critical thinking by working independently is important when you’re working from home.
- Worry no more! We got you and your health covered on your HMO; and hassle free payment for your monthly government mandated remittances (Philhealth, Pag-ibig, SSS).
- Paid Time-Off - Gives you a chance to step back, recharge and have a significant chunk of time to engage in something that is meaningful to you.
- Have a unique and positive contribution and work equally as we value cultural diversity.