Use your expertise in Creative Writing to help Duolingo users learn better!
Duolingo is looking for a skilled and imaginative writer to help write scripts for new French audio lessons. If you have creative writing experience, a passion for language learning, and an interest in helping Duolingo create high-quality educational content, this position is perfect for you. Some knowledge of French is preferred but not required.
- Collaborate with learning scientists to write scripts for French audio lessons.
- Exercise creativity and humor to ensure that lessons are fun and engaging.
- Ability to work 10-20 hrs/week (workflow may vary from week to week).
- Demonstrated creative writing track record.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Native speaker of English.
As part of the evaluation process, selected candidates will be asked to complete one test task.
Duolingo is the world's largest online language learning platform, with over 150 million users. Our apps were selected by Apple as "iPhone App of the Year" and by "Google as Best of the Best for Android", 2 years in a row. Unlike other online education platforms, Duolingo is a completely digital experience meaning it requires constant interaction and is native to computers / mobile platforms.
We're funded by some of the world's most prestigious venture capital firms, the investors behind Google, Twitter, and Tumblr. Duolingo is a spinoff from Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science. Luis von Ahn, co-founder and CEO of Duolingo, is a MacArthur fellow, Carnegie Mellon University professor, and the inventor of CAPTCHA.