Our CDMX Monks are looking for a bilingual copywriter with outstanding skills in crafting copy and concepts for international brands and digital projects. If you’re interested in unleashing your creativity and copy chops while working with A-list brands and top talents from around the world, we’re keen to hear from you.
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Copy Monk at MediaMonks, you wield words, wisdom and wit on behalf of international clients who seek us for the creative production of digital products, advertising and marketing.
- Collaborating with Monks from around the world, you’ll flesh out concepts for anything you could possibly throw at a digital project or campaign: from web copy and video scripts to social campaigns and interactive experiences.
- You’ll help secure, shape, and sell the work we create through copy and creativity—championing clarity over cleverness.
- Working across teams, clients and projects, you’ll handle large-scale campaigns as well as single lines of copy.
- You’ll contribute to pitches and projects in production alike—working with our teams to verbalise ideas, iron out concepts and solve creative issues through words.
- In short, you’ll help ensure everything sounds right, makes sense, remains consistent and meets client objectives through craft and creative excellence.
The perfect candidate doesn’t exist, but you might be the person we’re looking for.
- For this mid–senior position, we’re looking for a virtually flawless creative copywriter with outstanding grammar and wordplay in English + Spanish.
- You’re able to present a portfolio of projects that showcases your ability to create digital work for a broad variety of projects and clients.
- Your presentation skills are up to par with your concepting skills: you know how to make a case and can sell people on an idea through effective presentation decks.
- You can capture ideas in copy that’s clear and compelling at the same time: convincing without bullshit, cheesy puns or esoteric language.
- You combine creative and critical thinking; your analytical approach means you ask the right questions to waterproof content from a strategic/conceptual perspective.
- You’re as much a tagline writer as you’re a tech writer who can shadow as a UX writer, and drop-shadow as a UI writer.
- And while you might be tired of the word, your storytelling skills allow you to write and co-create engaging scripts for videos ranging from 6 seconds to 6 minutes.
- You know about the good, the bad and the ugly of programmatic advertising and behavioural targeting in order to write effective, dynamic copy.
- You have a knack for structure and organisation—both in words and in the way you work—collaborating through clear and comprehensive content matrices.
- As an editor, you are the change you want to see in the word: you improve what is said, not just how.
- Your attention to detail is close to annoying: typos, errors, inconsistencies and questionable punctuation marks have little chance of getting past your cursor.
- You have a great sense of personal responsibility and eagerly go the extra mile if that’s what it takes to make good great.
- Our 3,000+ Monks produce world-class work, with a record number of FWAs and 131 Cannes Lions.
- We love working with A-clients and they love working with us: think of a top-name brand and chances are they’re working with the Monks.
- You’ll collaborate with peers from around the world to critique copy, provide feedback, and confer about copious comma conundrums.
- If “Fun Place to Work” was a certificate, our Mexican office would have it—our motto is: “Crafted with care, coded by coffee, celebrated with champagne.”
MediaMonks stands for equal-opportunity employment and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Please be attentive to the requirements and accompany your application with a compelling English cover letter explaining why you’re the right Monk for the role. Questions? [email protected] has answers.