At Shef, we are building a homemade food marketplace. We believe in providing the shefs in our community (refugees, immigrants, stay-at-home parents, retirees and out-of-work restaurant chefs) the opportunity to make a meaningful income by doing what they love! We also believe that every person should have access to a wholesome, home-cooked meal at an affordable price. Building a community devoted to economic empowerment and cultural inclusivity -- that's why we started Shef.
We are committed to reimagining home cooking regulations around the country to help put people back to work following the COVID-19 pandemic and have raised nearly $30M from investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Craft Ventures, and M13, as well as founders and executives from Instacart, TaskRabbit, StubHub, AngelList, Lyft, Airbnb, and Yelp. We have a ton of exciting work ahead of us and are excited to have you join us!
At Shef, we believe in providing the shefs in our community with the necessary creative tools, resources, and support to become successful food entrepreneurs. We're looking for an outstanding creative who can help to provide our community members with the support they need to excel at photography.
The ideal candidate will oversee the photography editorial team, the coordination of photographers for photoshoots, creative content support, as well as the organization of creative content assets.
- Oversee the coordination and communication of editorial team members
- Development of branded photography content and training material
- Photography and creative content support
- Coordinate and execution of photoshoots
- Organization of creative assets
- Edit shef photos
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop
- 6+ years of experience editing photographs
- A strong portfolio of edits
- Superior organizational skills, especially with large volumes of digital visual content such as video, photographs, and graphic and music assets
- Self-directed with the ability to come up with creative solutions independently and able to manage time effectively across multiple projects adhering to market launch schedules in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in video editing
- Experience in graphic design
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience in photography production
At Shef, we are building a platform that celebrates difference and cultural inclusivity by providing equitable opportunities for economic empowerment and by reimagining food making and sharing in our 21st century world. Our employee, shef, and customer communities represent a wide, beautiful cross-section of individuals from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, and walks of life.
Shef is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to build a team that reflects the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.