SmartBug Media™, a leading digital and content marketing agency, is seeking a freelance writer skilled in writing about corporate travel industry trends and software solutions for corporate travel managers.
We need someone who can commit to consistently delivering high-quality work in the form of blog articles, e-books, white papers, case studies, infographics, and more.
- Create high-quality, differentiated and compelling short-form and long-form copy
- Attend interviews on Zoom with clients and subject matter experts, when needed
- Write a minimum of 3 blog articles per month and one e-book or other longer-form content per quarter (titles and key points to be provided)
- Write in Chicago or AP styles as needed
- Be willing and able to take feedback on your writing and pivot or revise as necessary
We seek a writer who:
- Has experience writing about corporate travel management software and processes, the RFP (request for proposal) process, and the corporate travel industry in general
- Understands the goals of corporate travel managers, their goals and pain points, and their relationship with their travel management company (TMC)
- Can write at an expert—yet approachable—level for businesses and travel managers about current trends, optimizing their travel programs, and more
- Excellent writing and storytelling skills
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- The ability to research topics and include relevant statistics, data, references, and citations—including those related to COVID-19 and the recession
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Cover letter with links to relevant writing samples
- Application screening
- Spec article assignment
- Video call with VP of Creative
About SmartBug Media
SmartBug Media™ is a fast-growing and nationally recognized inbound marketing agency. We’ve built our name and client base by delivering game-changing marketing campaigns that increase traffic, leads, customers, and brand value. That’s why we are recommended by some of the biggest names in inbound marketing and maintain a client roster that’s growing by the day.