It all started with an idea at Square in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to our millions of monthly active users. We want to make the world’s relationship with money more relatable, instantly available, and universally accessible.
This is our mission, and it’s why working at Cash App means so much more than a job.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
For consideration, please send over several work samples that give us a sense of the ambition and range of your writing. We’re interested in seeing creative work and personal projects in addition to your professionally-published words.
The Cash App Writing team is growing, and we’re looking for a truly spectacular writer to sit with our social media team and spin up works of art and craft that break the mold for content on the Internet.
Our social channels toe the line between educational and weird. Our humor is ambitious and elevated; we are strange and otherworldly and regularly blast the unexpected out into the ether. If you can speak our language, join us.
As our copywriter for social media, you’ll partner with some of the most creative minds at Cash App –art directors, illustrators, motion designers, channel managers– to craft content from concept to execution, fusing your writing with surreally gorgeous visuals. You’ll write winning words for our recurring social series, and pitch new concepts and projects for Instagram, Tiktok, Twitter, and more.
On any given week, you may write a riddle, an advice column, a comic, a cursed chain letter, a strangely ethereal horoscope, a live interactive choose-your-own-adventure, a poem about Bitcoin, and anything else you dream up.
This role reports to our Creative team’s Head of Content.
- Adopt, deepen, and expand the voice of our brand on our social channels. No big deal.
- Collaborate closely with illustrators, designers, and animators to conceive, build out, and revise ambitious, platform-transcending work.
- Partner with creative peers and social media channel managers on both the day-to-day and long-term work.
- Craft compelling copy for our Instagram, Tiktok, and Twitter channels.
- Pitch and iterate on ideas, help shape a larger vision for our branded channels, and refine the creative process.
- Seek feedback on your work, build consensus among your team, and bring stakeholders along with your recommendations.
- Delegate to and collaborate with the occasional freelance writer.
- Work with both product and brand writers to build out and maintain our voice and tone style guide.
- 6+ years of experience writing for a digital audience.
- A playful and adaptable writing voice, keen sense of humor, and passion for the craft.
- Attention to detail, strategic and conceptual thinking, and creativity and instincts for storytelling.
- Sensitivity to the range of experiences of Cash App’s broad, diverse audience, and a finely calibrated moral compass.
- The ability to work pretty independently on multiple projects with deadlines.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process.
We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our [I+D page](https://squareup.com/us/en/about/diversity?utmsource=jobdescription).
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.