Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want someone who is a passionate skilled copywriter and editor with a creative mindset and strong attention to detail who will shape and enforce DigitalOcean’s brand voice across multiple content types.
Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing and working with contributors from across the company, the Copywriter will be responsible for writing creative copy for web pages, ads, emails, and blogs, and will serve as the editor on a range of content. As part of a small but growing content marketing team, the Copywriter will play a key role in developing compelling and high-visibility copy and defining DigitalOcean’s voice & style guidelines.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Write compelling copy for ads, landing pages, web pages, emails, and other content formats
- Copyedit a variety of content, from blog posts and ebooks to landing page and email copy
- Develop messaging that appeals to DigitalOcean’s technical audiences of developers and small businesses
- Shape and enforce DigitalOcean’s voice and style guidelines through thoughtful editing, ensuring consistent and high quality copy across mediums and contributors
- Work with teams including Demand Generation and Growth Marketing to create and test high-converting copy
- Ensure technical content is clear, concise, and readable by a variety of audiences
- Report on the success of copy tests, identifying top performing options and testing new messaging regularly
What We'll Expect From You
- 2-5 years in a copywriting role, preferably in a B2B context
- Extremely strong writing skills, with the ability to quickly produce multiple copy options for a variety of audiences
- A strong attention to detail and experience editing a range of content types (landing pages, emails, blogs, etc) from multiple contributors with different writing styles
- Familiarity with developing and enforcing voice & style guidelines
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- The ability to translate complex, technical concepts into clear and compelling copy
- Experience writing for B2B audiences; Experience writing for a developer audience is a plus
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.