Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to a great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The contract Copywriter/Copyeditor expertly writes and edits a variety of editorial/advertising/marketing copy for a range of marketing channels and audiences as well as strategic, response-oriented content. The position works closely with internal clients to understand and add value to projects.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Writes and edits direct-to-consumer copy for online and print assets for B2B and B2C audiences on a variety of channels, (e.g., email, banners/digital marketing, web copy, social media, brochures, flyers, etc.)
- Develops strategically on-target, response-oriented communications employing an effective level of writing as well as correct grammar, usage, and spelling; writes a variety of short-form and long-form pieces
- Edits copy for clarity, accuracy, and message impact as well as correct grammar, usage, and spelling
- QAs web pages in post-production
- Has a level of familiarity with digital best practices and skills, including knowledge of SEO and usability
- Ensures copy adheres to company style and legal guides
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- 3 years of editing experience in advertising or marketing
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
Other Required Qualifications
- Thorough understanding of standard copyediting skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with grace under pressure
- Strong commitment to delivering error-free work
- Superior attention to detail while balancing multiple projects
- Flexibility, adaptability, and excellent interpersonal/collaborative skills
- Ability to process creative output as well as workflow via production and project management interfaces
- Experience with or ability to work within specialized interfaces, such as content management systems
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); web proficiency.
- Ability to pass a required background check
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position. This position is open to residents of and may be performed remotely from Washington, D.C., and from any state except Colorado.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is at will as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the at-will nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.