Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Copywriter to help craft our brand’s message and hone our marketing copy. This role will work with Product Marketing, Community Marketing, Growth Marketing, as well as our Brand Studio team. We want our communications to spread awareness and affinity about Webflow.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or Remote
- Working Hours: US Time Zone
As a Copywriter, you’ll
- Write and edit world-class copy across web (landing pages, blogs), digital ads, out-of-home, print, and potentially more (video scripts, etc) that resonates with our core audiences: freelance and independent designers, in-house designers, founders, and design agencies
- Edit work from other writers (full-time and freelancers), and help them improve their own abilities
- Work with the Marketing team on integrated campaigns and growth initiatives, and be a key part of the cross-functional content process
- Prioritize your work and communicate priorities to all stakeholders
- Work with Content Marketing and Brand Studio teams to collaboratively refine the voice of Webflow
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Copywriter if you:
- Have significant copywriting experience, either in-house or at an agency, and have worked on many types of copy
- Have experience distilling complex or technical topics into easy to understand language.
- Are passionate for concise prose, and have an avoidance of buzzwords or jargon
- Are excited to not just produce great work, but to establish and implement a process for copywriting and editing
- Believe that those who embrace the oxford comma are on the right side of history, or just generally know how to follow, champion, and manage a style guide
- Are a self-starter who can deeply collaborate with others and communicate proactively
- Have a growth mindset, a willingness to own problems, comfort with ambiguity, and a healthy balance of humility and confidence
- Bonus: Are interested in design and the no code movement
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
When you apply, please include a link to a portfolio or folder with a mix the copy-related projects (brand marketing, advertising, editorial, employer, product-related, etc) that you’re most proud of.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big.
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Copywriter and a human being.
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.