The world of business is undergoing a radical shift. Technology makes it easier to build products, or copy designs and features from competitors. And this is only the beginning. We're experiencing a cultural shift because there are so many viable options, people are exercising their power of choice. Today, people choose products or services that not only help them get their jobs done, but they can also choose a company for its values, its mission, and ultimately, its brand. Today, businesses need an edge.
At Typeform, our purpose is simple: we want to reinvent how brands and communities interact. We do this by building products that help brands stand out. We do this with content that inspires them to bring their best.
Typeform is a team of over 200 people representing 30 countries. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain, and San Francisco, United States.
About the role
"Can you sell me this pen?" You've probably heard this interview tactic before, but as a copywriter for Typeform your interview challenge will be, "Can you sell me this beautiful interface?" And can you do it through honest influence, not manipulative, click-baity tactics? Why is this important? Because Typeform, like any SaaS platform, is a relationship business. And we want to build long-term relationships with our community, not one-night stands.
At Typeform, our purpose is simple: we want to reinvent how brands and communities interact so that they can bring their best to every interaction. We do this through our products. We do this through our content.
And you? You're a Senior Copywriter who’s obsessed with conversions, sure, but more than that, you want to deliver the best experiences to people. You’ll bring the company’s voice and tone to life through marketing campaigns, lifecycle emails, web pages, video scripts, and pretty much anywhere else we make content. You’ll get involved at every stage of content creation – brainstorming, writing, editing, and design. You'll experiment like crazy using data analysis and optimization strategies to drive higher converting ads, landing pages, and campaigns. And you’ll do this for Typeform’s core product and VideoAsk.
Here’s Paul, our Director of Brand and Communications:
“If the internet is anything, it's a conduit for communication between people. And all communication is made up of content. You'll help us make every piece of content meaningful to the right people.”
You’ll report to the Head of Content as part of the Brand & Communications pillar within the Marketing team. You’ll work with key people from our Product, Marketing, and Creative teams.
Do you have a passion for crafting phrases that move people? A strategic mind that knows how to use words to drive results? Then keep reading...
What you’ll do
- Grab clicks in ads, trigger action on landing pages, engage leads in nurturing emails, spark excitement through onboarding emails, and pique curiosity with new product releases
- Own copy that drives conversions, increases click-through rates, and impacts other key metrics defined by the project team (e.g. product marketing, lifecycle, partnerships team, etc.
- Team up with designers, strategists, and marketing specialists to create meaningful campaign concepts and copy for new and existing customers
- Seek the elusive balance between conversion optimization best practices and maintaining Typeform’s brand and voice across landing pages, emails, ads, and all those other spots words can appear
- Experiment with drastically different concept and copy approaches to the same objective (A/Z testing), and apply CRO best practices to optimize, optimize, optimize
- Receive candid feedback on your work, and give clear, constructive feedback on others’ work
- Explore unique ways to connect our brand content to our product (Typeform, VideoAsk)
- Make the customer feel like they’re the center of the universe through empathy, user research, and content experiences that address their needs
What we're after
- You’re a native/native-level English speaker
- You’re the person people come to for any copy project—conversion and creative—because you’re damn good at it
- You have a solid understanding of different marketing disciplines, like content, social media, CRO, SEO, paid, lifecycle, etc. You understand how they impact each other and the user journey.
- You have excellent communication skills. You get ideas across clearly to people in different roles, from different departments.
- You empathize with users and their frustrations
- You can prioritize and switch focus quickly
- You’re great at collaborating, deliver to deadlines, and give really good feedback (and take it too)
- You’re proactive and recognize opportunities for new and better content and content journeys
- You fix processes that are broken and set up new ones if they’re needed
It would be great if you also
- have 5+ years of copywriting experience, and feel equally comfortable with creative and conversion copywriting tasks
- understand the principles of UX and interaction design, and enjoy creating quick wireframes to explain ideas
- have experience using testing tools like Optimizely, Google Optimize, and design tools like such as Abstract, Sketch, Figma
- have experience writing video scripts for brand and product campaigns
*Today, more than 2.5M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be an equal opportunity workplace.