TubeScience is looking for a talented Direct Response Copywriter to join our thriving team in Downtown LA! This role is remote flexible based in LA or anywhere in the US.
Quick About Us
We’re a data-driven video startup based in LA that’s grown to become the largest producer of video ads on paid social in the 4 years since founding. Collectively, our videos account for ~5% of all paid video views on Facebook and Instagram in North America and reach 100-200 million people per day.
Our clients are among the largest advertisers on FB and Instagram, across a wide range of verticals (incl. fashion, beauty, food, fitness apps, healthcare apps, financial services), giving us unique visibility into what drives success at scale. We focus on profitable growth with clients and grow their investment by 80% on average.
What's Atypical About The Company
- We're fast and data-driven: our teams develop concepts in the morning, shoot/edit in the afternoon, launch in the evening, and iterate the next day based on real-world performance.
- We’re a behavioral R&D lab at the core: We put 2,000+ video experiments per week, watched by tens of millions of people per day, that give us deep insights into how people make decisions. Over the past couple years, we’ve built an enormous library of IP around human behavior and visual communication.
- We work on a pure pay for performance basis. Zero production fees for video. Clients only pay us if our videos outperform anything they’re running internally.
What You’ll Do
A TubeScience writer is a storyteller - they strive to engage and compel their audience to action. They are a core part of the creative process and one of our most impactful positions.
As a storyteller inside TubeScience, you will have the opportunity to create copy for our 40+ clients with our writing team and and bring to life creative requests through your expert writing skills. Our communications are user-centric and writers should thrive thinking about the power of words and how when used correctly they can engage different audiences. They leverage research and are clear and comprehensible.
At TubeScience, we use feedback and data to help us refine our copy approaches and build our knowledge of how we can best “speak” to our client audiences. You would have access to our existing knowledge from over four years of our performance video ads. We judge the success of our copy by the performance of the ads that go live. Not by subjective measures. And we research the advertising ecosystem so that we are ahead of trends and bringing in innovation into our work.
A Writer At TubeScience would
- Create new and adapted full scripts
- Create compelling components for use within video-ads, like headers, how it works explanations or outro copy
- Create copy for use that frames the video within an ad. I.e. the ad texts, and headlines
- Create new copy for client launches
- Review and improve existing scripts
- Work across different social media platforms. Including, FB, IG, Snap, Tik Tok
- Create persuasive, conversion-focused marketing communications using established direct response selling techniques and data insights
- Be able to leverage research to inform writing choices and experiments that lead to innovation
- Craft new copy and sequences of copy that are effective for new client launches
- Extrapolate and apply learnings effectively across a wide variety of clients, markets, and demographics
- Collaborate with team members at all levels to ensure projects are consistent with data insights, client’s brand guidelines, compliance and overall goals of each project
- Edit the work of others effectively in order to achieve the best performing copy
- Research and find the best way to present our products to various target markets
- Prioritize multiple projects and deliver highly effective and creative work
- Meet deadlines given for projects
- Continue to grow and improve direct marketing guidelines and develop a repository of DM templates and actionable knowledge
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of writing and editing direct response assets ideally with a social media focuses
- Proven track record of revenue-increasing performance
- 5+ years of related direct response copywriting experience in digital marketing
- 3+ years of editing experience
- Experience writing in multiple brand voices for different demographics
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Flexible PTO
- 401k + Matching
- Personal Coaching
- Remote Flexibility
- Creative Working Environment
- Fully Stocked Kitchen
- Paid Sick Leave
- Annual Learning and Development Allotment
- Doctor House Call On-Demand
Interested candidates should apply directly for consideration. Upon submitting your application, our hiring team will review your credentials and will notify you if you are selected to participate in the interview process. We appreciate your interest in TubeScience and kindly ask that you refrain from inquiries to our teams via LinkedIn. All questions regarding the status of your application can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No third party or agency submissions will be accepted.
TubeScience is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.