Spartan Race and Tough Mudder have a mission to create unconventional experiences that empower people of all abilities to transform their lives. We put on events which are inclusive, competitive, and fun.
Our teams reflect that philosophy: hard workers who are great at what they do, treat the business like it’s their own, and create incredible experiences for our communities. We serve a growing global audience with unique and experiential wellness.
Joining our team offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for those dedicated few who are passionate about creating impactful experiences. This is more than a job or even a career – we work fast and smart, and we take ownership of our end product at every level.
As a member of the Tough Mudder Marketing Team you’ll be pushed outside your comfort zone, challenged to tackle new professional obstacles and if you’re up for the journey- you’ll enjoy every step of it with our kickass team. We put on incredible events for thousands of customers in beautiful places across the country and the world. This is not your typical 9-5, and if you’re looking for a place to punch the clock– keep on clickin’.
Sound like something you can get on board with?
Tough Mudder is looking for a part time Copywriter to support the global marketing team. This role will develop copy that supports all marketing channels in both the US and the UK including but not limited to email, website, blog, ads and longer-form content as needed. Key responsibilities include:
- Interpreting briefs to develop and produce content to support marketing communications
- Understand the brand’s target audiences to effectively develop copy in the appropriate tone depending on the stage of the marketing funnel
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with a team from concept development to delivery of final product
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing fresh copy that connects with the target audience and drives action
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate brand style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging and alignment with seasonal campaigns
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Understand different language styles that appeal to various target markets
- Develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
- Experience with web markup language and search engine optimization
- Familiar with commonly used style guides
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated and organized
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skill
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro