Tombras, a 450+ person, full-service, national advertising agency with a digital mindset, is seeking an Copywriter.
Where you’ll be working: Knoxville, TN
What You’ll Be Doing
- Writing advertising for national, consumer brands
- Conceive and execute advertising campaign ideas
- You will be teamed with a world-class art director/designer
- Work with agency art directors, production, and producers to supervise the production of TV commercials and video content
- Write advertising copy from conception to completion for print, broadcast and online media to promote the sale of goods and services
- Develop concepts and write for social media, TV and radio campaigns
- Write in a variety of styles, when needed
- Remain Current on industry trends and technologies
What You Bring
- A strong portfolio trumps experience & education nine times out of ten but it is a plus if you have 3 - 5 years of ad agency experience, related work experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Not required but degrees in Advertising, communications, graphic/digital design, or a degree from a portfolio school are welcome
- Portfolio with a strong foundation to build upon (tv, digital, social, print) and evokes emotion and brand voice
- Desire and willingness to learn, grow, and be mentored by senior team members across disciplines
- Ability to recognize creative ideas and see them through to completion
- Ability to proofread content for grammatical accuracy and maintain style consistency across pieces
- Ability to read, comprehend and write creative copy, simple instructions/correspondence, short correspondence and memos
- You have an Independent spirit, entrepreneurial attitude, and a drive for innovation
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- An unwavering respect for deadlines and budgets
- Present information in one-on-one and small or large group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
Why You’ll Want To Work at Tombras
You’ll be joining one of the top independent agencies in North America. Connecting Data & Creativity for Business Results® is working for our clients and creating a flywheel affect fueling both client and agency growth. You’ll be a part of a highly creative agency that has been recognized by AdAge, Adweek, Communication Arts, Fast Company, Forbes and Fortune. Tombras was recently named a 2022 AdAge A-List Standout Agency.
- Family - It comes first, on every list. Tombras has been family-run since day 1, we strive to facilitate a family-oriented environment rooted in supporting one another.
- Dog-friendly office(Knoxville)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous parental leave for primary and non-primary caregivers.
- Medical (PPO or High Deductible option) for employee + dependents
- 401(k) Participation + 3% employer match
- Employer-paid Dental & Vision
- A company culture of promotions from within and an atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- New, Modern building in Downtown Knoxville/Buckhead in Atlanta, option to work remotely.
- Want more reasons to work at Tombras? Check out the latest Tombras News and Our Values.
Tombras is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice. Job may require traveling overnight, driving long distances as required and sitting for extended periods of time with occasional walking and standing and occasionally lifting or carrying articles weighing less than 10 pounds.
Remote employees must be based in the United States.
Tombras Offices and Locations: New York City, NY Charlotte, NC Atlanta, GA Washington, DC Knoxville, TN Nashville, TN.