Who we are:
Thrive Causemetics is Bigger Than Beauty™: We are an independent, female-owned beauty brand that creates high-performance vegan cosmetics and supports a community of giving. All of Thrive Causemetics' products are free of parabens and sulfates, in addition to being 100 percent cruelty-free. Through its Bigger Than Beauty™ program, every product you purchase results in a donation to help a woman thrive.
Thrive Causemetics is dedicated to fostering a collaborative and cross-functional workplace where everyone’s voice matters. We are committed to being pioneers in creating a culture of wellness. Together, we prioritize a strong work ethic while maintaining a positive, exciting environment where people are passionate about what they do.
Who We Are Looking For:
A passionate and talented Senior Copywriter to be a key independent contributor embedded within our Creative Team (Copy, Video, Design and Production).
The role will predominantly focus on digital content copywriting to deliver compelling, high-performing, and cohesive copy for our acquisition, conversion, and retention marketing channels (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok, email, direct mail, paid search, display, website, TV, etc.) and copy to support our Giving Mission and marketing efforts.
Additional responsibilities include collaborating cross-functionally with the Product Marketing Manager (PMM), who owns copy for product positioning, packaging+ Product Details Page (PDP). We are looking for a proactive and self-motivated candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is accustomed to continuous workflows.
The candidates must have a comprehensive understanding of the beauty and skincare landscape as well as digital content. This person must be a leader and willing to represent copy amongst upper management. This role reports to the Marketing Director.
- Digital Copywriting
- Interpret creative direction and adapt stakeholder needs from marketing/creative briefs into persuasive copy concepts across all channels and ensure relevance for the intended audience (e.g., Email, Social, Web, CX, etc.).
- Collaborate with the entire Creative Team to develop assets and elevate the brand throughout all projects and touch-points.
- Extensively research market history, competitive landscape, behavioral insights, trends, and principles that drive consumer behavior and online shopping in order to connect our messaging with our current and potential customers.
- Collaboration with Product Marketing
- Understand product positioning and story established by the PMM and create the external messaging strategy to communicate it cross-functionally, across all channels and customer touchpoints.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration
- Work closely with the Founder + CEO to capture the Thrive Causemetics brand voice, narrative and tone.
- Support our Giving Mission through developing content related to our Giving Events, Giving Partners and more.
- Liaise with the Legal Team and Regulatory to ensure all external marketing copy is approved.
Who You Are
- Experience writing in beauty space with proven work examples
- Experience in crafting the language for product marketing and product packaging
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field
- 6+ years of experience as a leader in multichannel content creation
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
- Understanding of writing within a brand organization and how to translate business priorities into highly engaging consumer-facing content
- Experience across online, print, and UX writing, with a solid understanding of content platforms.
- Proven editorial skills and an outstanding command of the English language
- Strong time management with the ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously.
- Confidence to lead and present work both internally and to cross-functional partners
- An understanding of different marketing channels and how messaging shifts within each one while maintaining a consistent story
Why Thrive Causemetics?
- Robust compensation package
- 401k & up to 4% company match
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental benefits
- Life Insurance Policy at no cost
- Employer paid Short-term disability & Long-term disability plans at no cost
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion training
- Employee discount
- Health & Wellness Workshops
- Mental health resources; Calm app provided for free
- Remote team get togethers and opportunities to participate at company Giving events.