The Pill Club is making women’s healthcare more accessible and affordable by creating a simple, personal and convenient patient experience. Our mission is to be the most trusted health care partner for women, empowering our members through greater access, choice, and education about their options —all while delivering a positive and personal experience. Simply put: we’re putting the ‘care’ back into health care.
Starting with birth control, we’ve built in-house medical and pharmacy capabilities all integrated with insurance, to create a superior customer experience. In doing so, we have defined digital contraceptive care for women and are the nation’s leading integrated healthcare platform, combining telemedicine and direct-to-consumer pharmacy with the broadest insurance coverage in the space. Our ambition is to bring this level of superior customer experience to all areas of women’s digital primary care.
We are a growth stage company with over $100M in venture capital funding from leading investors, such as VMG Partners, GV (Google Ventures), Shasta Ventures, Base 10 Ventures, Acme Labs and more. Today, we serve hundreds of thousands of members nationwide, and prescribe in 48 states, plus Washington, D.C.
About This Job
We’re looking for a collaborative, creative thinker with excellent writing skills to elevate our storytelling.. As a member of the creative team, our copywriter will write and edit copy for a variety of projects (including printed materials, email, web, mobile, video, podcasts, social media, etc), working closely with brand, product marketing, and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging.
- Interpret creative briefs to develop, produce, and execute concepts on assigned brand and products
- Research and understand the business needs and target audiences
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with brand, product marketing, and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team
- Be willing to revise copy based on internal feedback/direction
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high-volume workload often requiring short turnaround times
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, writing on-brand copy that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry and cultural trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Ability to write within a very fun, edgy, female-focused brand voice
- Contribute creative ideas, thoughts, and feedback alongside the broader team
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related discipline
- Minimum 7-10 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skill and multitasking ability
Even Better If You Have
- DTC, social media, or content marketing experience are a plus
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides are a plus
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Experience working in a healthcare and/or in women-focused companies
- Experience with the Millennial or Gen Z audience, and in tune with cultural trends
- A bias to action and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
The Pill Club is committed to employee health and safety. COVID-19 vaccinations will be required for all employees who work, have desire to work, or have occasion to be in office, with the exception of those who have an approved exemption for medical or religious accommodation.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k plan and matching
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter, FSA, and HSA benefits
- Unlimited time off
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- $15K towards family planning and fertility support via Carrot
- Unlimited access to thousands of workouts via Aaptiv
- Unlimited access to meditation, sleep exercises and more via Headspace
- Pet insurance via Petplan
- Mortgage, student and personal loan refinancing, and personal finance management via Sofi
- Gym, travel and additional discounts via Perkspot
If you fit most of these requirements and love the idea of working to improve women’s health, please apply with a resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.