At StyleSeat, our mission is to help people look and feel their best. We are on the path to achieving this mission by being the go-to marketplace for consumers to discover, book, and pay for beauty and grooming services (hair stylists, colorists, nail artists, estheticians, barbers, etc). We are also the premier solution for all independent professionals in the industry to run and grow their business. We have powered over 120 million appointments booked and $10B in revenue for small businesses and are on the path to much more.
As a copywriter at StyleSeat, you will have a rare opportunity to join a startup empowering small business owners across the country to be more successful doing what they love. Our team believes in discipline, hustle and supporting each other to make a positive impact for our community and bottom line. We believe that diversity makes us stronger and helps us better support our customers. Our community is the center of everything we do.
About the Role
StyleSeat is looking for a Copywriter with creative storytelling skills to help elevate StyleSeat’s brand within the beauty and wellness marketplace. You'll be deeply involved in articulating the company’s purpose and mission, as well as engaging with our audience across editorial, video and social channels.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Content and Communications, you will play a key role in writing and editing copy across various marketing channels, including blogs, emails, video scripts, organic social media, site displays, ads and competitions. To do this, you’ll need to have an understanding of beauty/wellness and industry trends, be an expert communicator and critical thinker and possess a passionate curiosity for bringing ideas to life.
What You’ll Do
- Research, conceptualize and write copy that drives brand awareness of StyleSeat’s community using SEO best practices and industry insights
- Work with marketing, product and design teams to develop copy across all touchpoints and ensure consistency/brand tone
- Maintain keen understanding of StyleSeat’s product and the types of content that engages our pros and their clients
- Follow and evolve copy workflow processes to align with content calendar/overall marketing strategy
What You Can Bring to the Table
- 5 years of professional experience in copywriting, with a focus on beauty/wellness
- Previous experience creating content at an agency, media outlet or within a startup environment
- Proven track record of using data and analytics to influence creative strategies
- Strong grammatical skills and authoritative voice that informs and inspires diverse audiences
- Understanding of content and project management systems, and adherence to style guides
- Out-of-the-box ideas and an eagerness to make “marketing magic”
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Relationships and/or experience with beauty industry professionals and influencers
- Positive mindset and collaborative attitude.