Stio® is a mountain apparel brand that designs, develops and sells beautiful, functional, and innovative apparel infused with the soul of the mountain lifestyle. With headquarters in Jackson, Wyoming, Stio draws inspiration from the surrounding Teton Range and offers product via Stio.com, catalog and its three Mountain Studio® retail locations in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Park City, Utah, and Boulder, Colorado.
We are looking for a copywriter with outdoor brand experience to join our internal creative department and drive copywriting for all cross-channel marketing activities. From creative and technical writing in our catalogs, email, e-commerce, retail and customer experience deliverables, this role is essential in keeping our brand voice consistent across channels and pairs with our ever evolving creative. This role pushes conceptual ideas forward with the end objective of aligning visual and written creative together to tell Stio’s stories, products and brand. Remote work considered.
- Work closely with the Art Director & Brand Director to maintain Stio’s brand voice and tone across all marketing channels
- Responsible for (but not limited to) copy execution across a variety of different marketing channels and formats including: print advertising, seasonal catalogs, storytelling in various formats, seasonal product copy on site, email campaigns, social channels, performance marketing ad units, and a variety of other web-based campaigns and / or landing pages
- Regularly manage multiple detailed marketing projects
- Consistently self-manage deadlines and short timeframes
- Navigate technical product copy, branded editorial content and promotional copy
- Regularly generate compelling and fresh copy ideas and creative solutions
- Utilize customer data, insights and brand strategies to customize copy across audience segments
- Exhibit personal or working understanding and experience of mountain life as a means to maintaining brand authenticity
Your Skills and Experience
- 2 - 4+ years of copywriting and editing experience required, within the outdoor or a related industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism and / or a related field of study required
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to effectively collaborate with an in-house design team to create weekly, monthly and seasonal creative campaigns
- Experience with SEO and a working knowledge of organic search optimization preferred
- Ability to receive feedback, make changes, and deliver new concepts based on that feedback.
- Portfolio containing a strong understanding of brand voice, product driven storytelling across multiple touch-points such as email, catalog, paid social, print, web and more
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on brand voice consistency across channels
- Working experience of retail and / or CX environments preferred
- Excellent writing / editing skills, understanding of SEO and application of brand standards
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a high turn-around, deadline-driven schedule
- Commitment to our company mission, vision and values
The Fine Print
- Must be able to work in a stationary position 50% - 75% of the work day
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k with match
- Generous paid time off policies
- Gear test, perks, and more!
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, we reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed. Stio is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans & individuals with disabilities.
Along with your resume, please include the following in your application:
- Pick any two Stio products and write 200-word product descriptions for each.
- Pick one recent Stio instagram image and write a new caption - choose between product or activity focused image.
- Rewrite existing blog post in a shorter form version, 350 words for inclusion in a catalog. BLOG LINK
- For email creative please write header call to action and body copy (see image below).