We’re more than a Technology Payments Company. We’re a People Company.
From simplified, flat-rate payment technology to a full line of innovative business tools, there are so many ways to make a difference with Stax. With a team of talented and inspiring people who are as diverse as the solutions we offer, Stax is a home for innovators, collaborators, and mission drivers to come together and make a meaningful impact on the businesses we serve.
Since 2014, Stax has been shaping the future for thousands of businesses with solutions and technology that supports their journey to growth. It is our belief that every business deserves the ability to focus on what matters most to them.
Why You’ll Love Stax by Fattmerchant
As a familial and highly spirited place to work, the Stax team makes every moment memorable - for our team, our customers, our partners, and our community. From an imaginative drive to endless curiosity and the courage to do things differently, at Stax we make things happen together and are driven by our core values!
We are united by the desire to give and a deep understanding of what truly matters in life. Reliability and trust support our capacity to do what we love with a ready smile.
Get It Done
We hone in on what matters to businesses. We cheer and challenge, pushing each other to take one more step. Then another. We don’t stop. We just roll up our sleeves and grind.
We communicate with vulnerability and an open heart. We inspire each other as we work towards a common purpose and goal. We spark joy and happiness across our team members and our customers
We’re proud to be recognized for our excellence in technology, work environment, and entrepreneurial spirit, with such honors as Best Fintech to Work For from PaymentSource; Coolest Office Space from Orlando Business Journal; and one of Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures. Not to mention countless acknowledgements in technology, innovation, and leadership from publications across the industry!
As part of our interview process, we will be using a video interviewing platform, Spark Hire. The video interviewing platform will allow our hiring team and candidates to connect more quickly without the pressure of synchronizing calendars for our initial phase of candidate assessments. Our goal with the video interviewing portion of our hiring process is to learn more about your personality and previous work experience.
The core function of the content specialist / copywriter position is to develop engaging content that supports the company’s content strategy and business objectives. The ideal candidate is an excellent wordsmith who delivers high quality copy on time. This is a copywriting-heavy role, focused on delivering compelling and accurate copy through a variety of mediums for multiple audiences.
What You’ll Do
- Researches and develops ideas and creates/edits content including but not limited to: Website Content, Articles, Case Studies, eBooks, White papers, One-pagers, Social Media, Digital Ads
- Provides concise, accurate, engaging and on-brand copy for both conversational B2C and technical B2B
- Adapts copy to fit a variety of platforms and mediums, from creative marketing copy, to persuasive blog copy, to straight-forward product copy–and everything in between
- Collaborates with marketing project leads to ensure steady flow of content creation that supports defined strategies for demand generation, channel and partner marketing initiatives
- Implements strategies to increase digital leads for both direct marketing and channel marketing
- Works closely with the Content Manager to support and fulfil key beats, promotions, and marketing campaigns within the overarching content strategy for Stax
- Work with product marketing, channel marketing, graphic design, and other areas of the business to deliver projects on scope and on time
- Evaluate and continuously improve work product to ensures all content meets high-quality standards
- Is a key player in the representation and evolution of the brand’s voice and ensures that it is consistently implemented across all platforms - from digital to social
- Effectively assists with and supports editorial review of all marketing materials, including those of other marketing department team members as well as all other members of the company
- Conducts thorough research and attends meetings to gain an in-depth understanding of Stax value propositions, products and impact on each audience segment
- Load, schedule and manage web content while ensuring consistency and alignment of on site SEO
- Applies SEO knowledge and best practices to work when appropriate and with little direction
- Researches user/consumer segments and behaviors to anticipate content needs
- Continually tests content formats and distribution channels to determine optimal approach to reaching Stax’ target markets
- Reviews competitor’s marketing content to ensure Stax maintains its differentiated approach.
- Participate in brainstorms and provide innovative ideas relative to digital landscape and trends
- Other duties as assigned
- 4+ years of experience in a copywriting role
- 2+ years in a corporate environment
- Bachelor Degree in Communications, Media, English, Marketing, or other related field
- Excellent interpersonal and advanced communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly and easily to feedback and priority shifts
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated, highly organized and process oriented
- Ability to absorb complex topics and understand new technologies, applications, and processes
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, with an obsessive eye for punctuation and grammar
- Passion for research, editing, and writing
- Knowledge of AP Style (preferred)
- Basic knowledge of HTML as well as design programs (including ability to use templates to adjust images and graphics for the web). More advanced skills are considered a plus
- Must have and provide a relevant portfolio of work
- Ability to pass writing/copyediting test if requested
- Strong subject matter expertise in B2B, technology (preferred)
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Comprehensive voluntary benefits
- Competitive Base Salary
- 4% 401K Match
- Conference & Continuing Education Coverage
- Team Building Events/Opportunities
- Downtown Parking
- Unlimited PTO
- Free snacks + Coffee
We strongly believe in the value of having a diverse team and actively work to maintain an inclusive environment. We encourage BIPOC, and candidates of any gender and orientation to apply!
Stax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.