About SmartBug Media: SmartBug Media™ is a fully remote globally recognized Intelligent Inbound™ marketing agency that assists businesses in growing revenue through content marketing, sales enablement, web development, marketing automation, and PR. For over 10 years, SmartBug™ has helped businesses increase qualified leads, close customers, and enhance the reach and loyalty of their brands.
We are a 130+ person remote company that believes you shouldn’t have to compromise work/life balance in order to deliver great work, and we believe that you can do this from anywhere.
SmartBug has been named to the Inc. 5000 5 times, Adweek 100 the last two years, and has won numerous Comparably awards for its culture and leadership. SmartBug is HubSpot’s highest rated partner in the world.
This position acts as the brand journalist on a portfolio of client accounts, working directly with the client and the consulting team to create award-winning content for the client. The copywriter plays a key role in conceiving and delivering clients’ written content and is a core member of the team. The copywriter is responsible for writing a variety of content including blogs, long-form pieces, emails, landing pages, and other miscellaneous copy.
- Utilize your ability to translate client strategy into creative, compelling copy
- Work within a cross-functional team to ideate and contribute to the editorial calendar for your clients by conceiving engaging titles and story angles
- Execute the client’s brand voice, tone, and messaging
- Create high-quality and differentiated copy in the form of blogs, e-books, case studies, headlines, web copy, emails, social and more
- Own your clients’ brand voice to ensure it is executed across all tactics
- Edit freelancer copy for style, grammar, logic, flow, repetition, and to ensure it’s on strategy
- Conduct in-depth research to learn new subjects or industries as needed
- Conduct interviews with subject matter experts
- Support your team to make sure deadlines are met
- Write in Chicago or AP styles as needed
- At least 3 years of experience writing for a publication is required
- At least 3 years of experience copy editing is required
- Excellent topic ideation, writing and storytelling skills is required
- Exacting editing standards required
- A meticulous approach to grammar, spelling, blog structure, and providing the highest-quality, cleanest, most concise copy possible
- Ability to research topics and include references and citations
- An uncompromising approach to hitting deadlines
- Experience writing about B2B, technology, and/or finance is preferred
- Positive, team-oriented personality with an internal drive to be great
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite is required
- Experience working remotely in similar roles is strongly preferred
Benefits and Perks
- Health insurance with company contribution
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid vacation
- Paid time off
- Unlimited sick time
- 4 week paid sabbatical every 5 years of employment
- Monthly remote work allowance
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Flexible spend plan
- Company-funded short-term disability and life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Annual leadership conference, SmartBugaPalooza
- Training budget
- The flexibility of working remotely
- MacBook Air issued to you at time of hire.