To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Slack is hiring a Copywriter to help us tell the world about Slack through thoughtfully crafted content and engaging experiences. You’ll join a dynamic group of writers, designers, and artists on our creative team to build awareness of the Slack brand and product benefits.
Copywriters serve a vital role here—from the craft and polish of copy on our high-traffic public-facing websites to developing and working within a content strategy. We appreciate writers who think deeply, write (and speak) clearly, and love collaboration and feedback. You’ll partner with designers across multiple diverse projects to help strengthen narrative and improve performance. The ideal candidate for this role is self-motivated, willing to help out on any project, and is excited about collaborating and learning from the other talented team members.
Slack is a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—if this sounds like a good fit for you, send us a nice hello, and links to your work and experience.
What You’ll Do
- Write for branded communications including ads, emails, events collateral, landing pages, video scripts, product marketing materials and more.
- Develop copy for internal projects that promote and generate excitement about Slack’s culture and values.
- Contribute to the development of brand marketing campaigns including print, radio and digital displays.
- Prioritize your work and communicate those priorities to the many people who will want you to help them. Manage your time well.
- Learn, maintain, and develop the voice of Slack in collaboration with others.
- Be a sharp copy editor for your own writing, as well as for others if needed be.
- Find just the right word. And the right emoji. But never replace the former with the latter.
What You Should Have
- A portfolio of your work. Ideally it includes a mix of brand marketing, advertising, and product-related projects.
- Minimum 5 years of copywriting experience in tech or at an agency
- Understanding of Slack, its voice, and its users.
- BA degree required; advanced degrees such as MA or MFA are also welcome.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once with an uncanny attention to detail.
- Experience with internationalization is a plus.
- Perspicuity in all things.
\Slack is where work happens. It connects you with the people and apps you work with every day, no matter where you are or what you do. We believe everyone deserves to work in a welcoming, respectful, and empathetic culture. We live by our values and hire accordingly.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces.
We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Slack is a messaging app for business which lets you organize conversations into channels so everyone moves faster and stays in sync. It’s a platform that connects everyone in your business—employees, customers, and partners— securely with each other and integrates easily with apps you use every day to get work done. And everything happens, using any device, within a digital workspace that’s super easy to use.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.