This fully remote role is open to candidates in most U.S. states. Working remotely from a primary residence outside the United States is currently not permitted for this role.
RealSelf seeks an experienced and inspired Beauty Copywriter on the consumer content team to play a pivotal role in creating a world-class creative, UX, and consumer experience. The Beauty Copywriter must be passionate and knowledgeable about skincare, medical aesthetics, and RealSelf’s mission to help millions of people make smart, confident decisions about cosmetic treatments, procedures, and products.
The ideal candidate is a creative, resourceful, and adaptable person who can conceive and execute compelling copy across a wide range of platforms, including site UX, e-commerce, marketing programs, events, emails, ads, and other channels. You will develop copywriting strategies and processes, further hone our brand voice and bring it to life for millions of consumers, on and off our website.
In This Role, You Will
- Collaborate with marketing, creative, and product teams to develop concept and copy direction for brand campaigns, marketing programs, new site features, events, and emails
- Translate messaging points from creative briefs into engaging and effective copy
- Strategize campaign concepts through emotionally driven language that unites consumers around the RealSelf mission and vision and grows brand engagement
- Adhere to and consciously evolve the RealSelf voice and style
- Have a strong point of view and the ability to experiment with and test new formats and storytelling techniques
- Self-manage day to day projects across channels
- Pitch, develop, and deliver fresh ideas that engage and build consumer audiences.
- Collaborate on tests that yield actionable insights for optimizing messaging, layouts, distribution channels, and our overarching copy strategy
- Demonstrate data-driven content decisions
- Show a deep understanding of how skillfully executed copy helps us achieve our high-level business goals.
Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Our environment is fun and collaborative, but it’s also fast-paced, so we need someone who’s comfortable driving and executing copy development from end to end. If you thrive on hitting ambitious goals and being a key player on a whip-smart team, we want to talk to you.
You Might Be The Right Fit If You Have
- 3+ years of related beauty-industry experience in an advertising agency or in-house copy role
- Exceptional communication, writing, and editing abilities
- A proven track record of successfully building brand voice and tone through copy and language
- Deep experience with A/B content and message testing, analysis, and optimization
- Ability to multi-task and navigate through ambiguity and real-time pivots to arrive at accurate, concise, and consistent copy solutions
- Outstanding organization, time management, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to meet short and long-term deadlines and work in a rapidly changing landscape
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- A personal interest in and enthusiasm for beauty and aesthetics
Please submit your application with a link to your portfolio or three recent writing samples that demonstrate your aptitude for a variety of consumer-facing communications (blogs, email, social media posts, brand copywriting, or e-commerce copywriting). A writing test may be required.
Travel is not anticipated for this role.
RealSelf employees work from 26 states in the United States; while we have offices in Seattle, Washington we are a remote-first company.
We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. With COVID-19 we have become a more remote and distributed workforce that understands the value of internal connections and collaboration across all teams.