Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
As a Copywriter at Patreon you’ll be joining a dedicated creative team producing awesome, engaging content that gets creators excited about us. We’re looking for someone who can primarily be the voice of our blog and also plug into writing for social, paid and other channels.
What you will do
- Write (a lot!) You’ll be the primary writer for the Patreon blog working on creator stories, SEO articles and Patron U educational pieces.
- Partner with content marketing, social media, events, performance marketing, and creator partnerships to bring our brand voice to life in a non-Frankenstein way.
- Bring the Patreon brand to life across paid, earned and owned channels.
Skills and experience you possess
- Toggling between developing high-level product brand narratives, short-form social media posts and everything in between!
- Effectively communicating with teammates and present creative ideas providing clear rationale and insights.
- Working as part of an extended team and synthesize multiple perspectives into coherent creative solutions.
- Juggling several projects at once and be comfortable in the proverbial fast-paced environment.
- Having attention to detail and good grammar skills, because what’s the point otherwise?
Examples of work you would own
You’ll love working here if
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You strive to improve existing processes
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work
Who you'll work with
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, and rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, and accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators and patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains and engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid and Kind. Be extremely caring and extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive and constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You don’t know it all, and that’s the fun part. Everything gets better when you’re curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, and more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, you’re growing yourself, your teammates, and Patreon as a whole.