You'd join our small band of content and design creatives as the first person in charge of snappy short-form writing across email, the website, ads, social media, and more.
- Write, write, write ✍️This role is about execution. Our team has a lot of ground to cover and a lot of copy to be written. Get excited about a wide variety of short-form projects.
- Create a cohesive strategy for copy across all our channels. Make sure we're all telling the same story, and that that story's working for us.
- Develop hypotheses about what we should say
- Rigorously test these ideas and pivot accordingly
- Work closely with content marketing, user education, community support, and sales to define a consistent brand voice and pull it through all our external communications.
- Get to know our user segments and key use cases. Learn how to motivate our various audiences to take action and deepen their engagement with the product.
- This includes regular conversations with users to understand how they talk about the product, and what they want to get out of it.
- Constantly measure the results of your work and strategize how to send even more effective messages. Take responsibility for collecting, analyzing, and reporting data yourself.
This might be for you if...
- You're a phenomenal writer with senior experience in copywriting, content marketing, or journalism. You love language and want to work somewhere you can get really creative.
- You're also eagle-eyed about your writing. Typos are loathe to you. Errant punctuation? Unacceptable. You want to be our gatekeeper of quality.
- You have a demonstrable track record of creating and slipping into different brand voices to reach different types of audiences. You can share campaigns that go beyond the basic.
- You're fast, motivated by deadlines, and want to hone your craft on a team of storytellers.
- BONUS: You have interest and ability in design. We love working with people who want to wear many hats 🎩
- BONUS: Aesthetics are important you. You like what Notion has done with the brand so far, but you have your own creative convictions too. (Most of us are artists in some respect ;)
The ProductThe best way to understand Notion is to play with the product: www.notion.so.
Or, read the story behind the product: www.notion.so/about
We've heard Notion described many ways. It can be as simple as a blank piece of paper, making writing feel light and delightful. It can be as complex as a relational database that stores huge amounts of data. We sometimes compare it to a set of Legos (if Legos were designed by The New York Times). But at its core, Notion is a toolbox of software building blocks that let you manage your life and work however you find most useful.
And here's how the press has talked about us:
Notion, Maker of Collaboration Software, Raises $50 Million
How Notion pulled itself back from the brink of failure
Meet Ivan Zhao, the designer/founder that is making "the missing half of Slack" | Inside Design Blog
We're also really lucky to have a big, passionate community that produces Notion content (link one, two). And don't forget to check out our Twitter @NotionHQ – all the best stuff is there 🙂