Do you consider yourself a visionary, eager to learn more and be supported on your path toward professional and personal growth?
You’ve come to the right place.
At Lovingly, first and foremost, we’re all about people, culture, community, and relationships. Working with us feels like a home away from home, where we all actually enjoy spending time together.
We don’t just hire people who mirror our culture. We hire people who add to it.
Our success as a technology business for the floral industry comes from fostering a workplace full of laughter, led by strong, creative minds, and possibly people like you! (Designing awesome products doesn’t hurt either!)
Here’s what we do: Most people get overwhelmed when they buy flowers online. We’ve created a guided gifting experience that makes it easy to send beautiful floral arrangements that celebrate life’s special moments. We constantly strive to come up with newer, better, stronger ideas and products. We don’t just sit back and admire what has already been accomplished—we ask, “What can we do next?”
Here’s why we do it: We believe in the power of community. We believe that by helping one another each day and giving lovingly, we can strengthen relationships to help bring people closer together.
Here’s why you should apply: You have a strong work ethic and welcome challenges, and also enjoy being part of a company that works together as a team. You don’t give up when it seems like you’re facing a wall—you brainstorm, research, learn, and solve. You’re up for making a bunch of new friends (because we’ll be your friends whether you like it or not).
Here’s how we’re different: Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork. The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!
Who You Are
The Senior Copywriter is tasked with developing an engaging brand voice and using data and customer insights to improve the customer experience. They will create bar raising copy for multi-channel advertising campaigns and our organic social channels.
The candidate should have strong storytelling and conceptual skills, be a confident presenter, and possess acute attention to detail. The Senior Copywriter will be passionate about writing and editing, maintaining style guides and evergreen content—all while upholding a consistent brand voice.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Own brand voice, including a deep understanding of the positioning of the Lovingly brand
- Be the subject matter expert for voice and message hierarchies related to customer engagement campaigns, acquisition campaigns, and new product launches
- Write copy along the creative spectrum, from compelling campaign lines to clear instructional messages, across a range of print and digital deliverables
- Partner with creative leaders and design peers to consistently raise the bar for creative development and execution
- Collaborate with Sales, Partner Success, Marketing, category, and Legal to assess copy/creative needs and messaging priorities
- Manage own workload, with little oversight, to ensure project are completed within identified timelines
- Present copy strategy and creative concepts to leadership
- Own the audit and feedback loops with teams who create their own customer-facing copy, coaching and providing documentation that enables them to uphold our voice and brand standards
- Keep abreast of trends in content and style reflected on various media and marketing channels and editorial sphere
- Understand the customer journey — and use that knowledge to create the most impactful top, middle, and bottom-of-the funnel assets for different products, personas, and verticals.
- A profoundly collaborative mindset and approach to work, especially as we continue to develop and define our team structure — and roles are somewhat fluid
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment where unexpected challenges and opportunities are commonplace
- An openness to constructive feedback from smart, opinionated stakeholders — and the ability to shift gears quickly to translate that feedback into rapid iteration and effective results
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BFA) from a four-year accredited college or university in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field.
- 5-7 years of experience copywriting and editing in an agency or in-house setting.
- Experience working in event/service/B2B/B2c environments preferred.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating excellence in copywriting, across a range of deliverables.
- Experience with content management for social media, including developing concepts and content calendars for organic social.
- Experience writing for SEO and a clear understanding of how SEO concepts influence content
- An Apple computer and the latest software to do your job effectively
- A fun, upbeat culture, and highly-creative & collaborative working atmosphere
- 401K with guaranteed 3% salary contribution
- A Comprehensive Benefits Package: Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, and much more
- Lovingly pays 100% of the medical deductible for all eligible employees
- 22 Paid Time Off Days (Use them however you want)
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 25% tuition discount for Marist College (Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees)
Here’s how we’re different: The services we provide are performance-based, which means we put our clients first and prioritize their success. We respect each others’ ideas and expertise. We spend a lot of time making bad jokes, we know that teamwork makes the dream work, and most of all, we believe in what we do.
Lovingly offers a workplace that thrives on innovation and celebrates teamwork, so Monday will be your favorite day of the week. If all the above sounds good to you, reach out. We want to hear from you!