Love and London is looking for a new copywriter to help us with all of our blog content moving forward.
About Love and London
Started by Jess Dante as a small YouTube channel helping tourists to visit London better, it’s now grown into a media business with over 200,000 followers across our social platforms and email list. We still have the same goal of helping people to visit London like they live here, and we specialise in getting them away from touristy tat and to independent restaurants, quirky shops, underrated museums, and more.
We primarily publish YouTube and Instagram content but we need help with consistently publishing written content on our blog, as I (Jess) have been doing this mostly on my own but I just don’t have the time anymore!
What The Role Entails
- 2-3 completed articles per day, including research time. Looking to start at 2x days per month. We’ll brief you on the topic and sometimes give guidelines on what to include (like certain recommendations, tips etc) but the rest is up to you. We’re also open to ideas if you get inspired. Most of the articles will be listicle style or “how to’s.” You do not need to gather photos.
- SEO knowledge for blog content
- Of course, fantastic grammar and writing skills. We don’t have an editor so you would need to be able to produce content that is ready to be published once you have an idea of the tone of voice and type of recommendations, tips etc we usually go for.
- MUST have a good knowledge of London’s more local scene but be able to translate that into something that tourists can understand. What to see, do, eat and drink, plus practical things like public transport, etc.
- Experience writing similar types of articles
The role is fully remote but you must be London based. Looking at a day rate of around £200-250.
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject “Freelance Copywriter Application – YOUR NAME” with the following info: How long you’ve lived in London for, five links to examples of your writing that are similar to what we are looking for (they can be from your own website), one “hidden gem” in London that you think is super underrated and that tourists miss out on (and why it’s so great), your desired day rate and when you could start.
We’re accepting applications until Friday 15th April.
Thanks so much, I look forward to receiving your application!