IM seeks to ensure that all students, particularly historically underserved students, and their teachers have access to aligned, grade-level, mathematics curriculum resources, and that teachers experience professional learning that leads to enduring mathematical learning for their students.
The Senior Copywriter is a versatile content creator, wordsmith, and persuasive writer with impeccable writing skills who can communicate ideas creatively and concisely. You enjoy storytelling and creating messaging and content about topics that various audiences in the math education space find engaging and inspiring.
To be successful in this role, you enjoy collaborating, and you have technical skills and creative skills. You are comfortable taking a leading role in creative projects of all sizes, and you’re articulate in expressing your ideas. You’ll bring strategic awareness and a passion for creativity, blending the best of both worlds to inform, inspire and entertain target audiences in the K-12 mathematics education space.
The IM Marketing Department drives the branding and promotional engine of IM. The Marketing Department is responsible for increasing IM’s brand awareness overall while driving our various audiences to IM’s curriculum and professional products through digital and marketing channels. As a vital part of IM’s organization structure, IM’s Marketing Department helps our business grow and achieve our organizational goals.
Job Title: Senior Copywriter
Location: Remote - open to U.S. residents only
- Concepting with the Illustrative Marketing Team to deliver innovative creative ideas while maintaining a cohesive brand voice and identity.
- Leading, informing and inspiring compelling messaging for all print and digital marketing collateral.
- Researching, concepting, writing, proof-reading, and editing content for channels including email campaigns, social media, websites, podcasts, videos, and thought leadership platforms.
- Planning, crafting, copy-editing, promoting, and measuring case studies, slide decks, white papers, reports, guides, and other related communications.
- Collaborating across teams to coordinate the concept and copy of each project.
- Developing and adhering to brand guidelines, copy standards, and content libraries.
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English, mathematics, education, or equivalent experience in a related field.
- 7+ years of experience writing copy for various materials including digital and print campaigns.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and adapt to change and transition.
- Skilled storyteller and an exceptional communicator.
- Ability to understand unique audiences and tailor messaging appropriately.
- Desire to learn and grow in and with an organization.
- A portfolio that shows strong concepting and copies development experience across mediums.
- Good understanding of mission-driven work, education policy, and/or the challenges and opportunities facing the education sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and the dismantling of oppressive systems and structures; continual diversity, equity, and inclusion learner.
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with IM K-12 Math™ education.
Willing To Learn
- The IM Content Management System (CMS)
Compensation & Benefits
In alignment with our commitment to equity in practice and policy, Illustrative Mathematics is committed to equity and transparency for our team and offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and education. This position is exempt or non-exempt. The annual salary range for this position is $80,000-95,000.
IM also offers employees a comprehensive group health benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, and an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 4% of regular earnings.
Annual salary range: $80,000-$95,000.