The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton’s portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
We are seeking a talented and skilled copywriter to join our in-house creative studio team! The Hilton Creative Studio sits in the Global Enterprise Marketing function within Global Marketing and Loyalty. The creative studio partners with cross-functional teams across the organization to build marketing platforms and consumer campaigns to drive consumer awareness, engagement, preference and loyalty with Hilton and our 18 brands. You will have a passion for developing and executing creative solutions that consistently and clearly communicate the Hilton portfolio brand identity, positioning and messaging through all brand areas (including print, web, social media, events, consumer and B2B marketing creative), and effectively communicate the strategic intent for each tactic.
You will work alongside our Creative Director to conceive, develop and produce effective marketing and advertising campaigns. You will craft headlines, slogans, catchphrases, straplines and body copy for Omnichannel campaigns. This position will also provide scriptwriting and internal communications pieces when necessary.
- Proactively understanding and gaining knowledge of our brands, target audiences and competitor activities.
- Collaborate closely with internal partners to interpret and write creative briefs.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the Creative Director and other Senior Designers.
- Write clear, persuasive, original copy through the various iterations of the project.
- Present and provide business rationale for creative ideas to our internal partners for approval and development.
- Evolve, revise or redevelop advertisements or campaigns in response to feedback from the Creative Director, or internal shareholders.
- Manage a team of part-time copywriters and full-time proofreader.
- Use campaign performance data to understand the effectiveness of campaigns and apply key findings to future campaigns.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills
- Manage working on multiple campaigns for various internal brand clients at once, often in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Proven strong presentation and interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage and sell creative rationale to senior management, and cross-functional teams
- Staying up-to-date with popular culture and trends
- Self-motivation, flexibility, stamina and the ability to adapt
- Confidence, enthusiasm and determination Accuracy and attention to detail
- Resilience with ability to accept criticism of your work
- Market awareness and ability to understand the target audiences
- Excellent research skills
- Collaboration, with ability to work alongside partners across multiple functions
- Ability to form strong working relationships quickly
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications
- Five (5) years of professional experience as a copywriter
- Experience writing copy for global and/or national campaigns
- Experience writing for digital and social channels
- Portfolio that demonstrates clear copy in a variety of styles with accurate spelling and grammar
- 10% travel
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism or relative field
- In-house creative studio and/or agency experience
What is it like working for Hilton?
Hilton is the world’s leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For over a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Brand: Hilton Corporate
- Shift: Day Job
- Job Level: Manager
- Job: Sales and Marketing