Our Brand Studio team is looking for a brilliant copywriter, pronto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The way we connect with our customers matters. Employees are busy. And small businesses? Even busier. People need approachable language that gets to the point. The way we see it, the entire world of payroll, benefits and HR could use a healthy dose of humanity. Ready for the challenge?
Our Brand Studio team is looking for a brilliant copywriter, pronto. What’s a Brand Studio? We’re a cross-disciplinary group of creatives focused on building a category-defining brand and having a meaningful impact on Gusto’s business.
Your role on the team will be to work with stakeholders and designers to identify messaging opportunities and write marketing copy that communicates our value clearly (and with a bit of our classic Gusto charm). You’ll report to Gusto’s Lead Copywriter to produce content for email campaigns, landing pages, acquisition ads, video scripts, and more. We’re looking for a true word nerd — someone who loves creative problem solving and is an expert collaborator — to come work with us full-time. This role is currently remote but we hope to be reunited in our SF office later this year.
Here’s what you’ll do
- Meet with internal partners across marketing and beyond to shape the strategy, ideation, and execution of high-quality messaging.
- Collaborate with brand designers to come up with creative ways to educate and inspire customers and prospects.
- Do research! Ask questions! Payroll, HR, and benefits can be pretty dense. You’ll want to fully understand the complexities so you can write easy-to-digest content that serves our customers.
- Create thoughtful content strategies for A/B testing headlines, display ads, buttons, etc.
- Ask for feedback on your work and give feedback to your fellow writers and designers too.
- Be confident articulating your writing decisions to a variety of different partners and stakeholders.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 4+ years of experience writing marketing copy for digital and non-digital experiences. A soft spot for small businesses is a plus.
- A portfolio (at least five writing samples) that shows off a variety of different projects and mediums.
- Comfort and enthusiasm working in a fast-paced and scrappy team environment.
- Experience concepting and executing projects with multiple stakeholders and collaborating closely with strategic partners and designers.
- Excellent communication skills. Even non-written ones!
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the positive impact we can have on small businesses and employees everywhere.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and human, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver, and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds — not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you’ll find a home at Gusto.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.