We are on a mission to redefine fitness and prove that exercise can be fun - and for everyone. We believe in a future where exercise everywhere - whether that is the gym, the park or at home - is enhanced through engaging technology that extends your reality.
To achieve that vision we are first building the world’s first virtual gym. Like a virtual Equinox, it will be a place where you can meet like minded people and experience a variety of the highest quality workouts, from boxing to cardio to yoga.
To date we have built the first component of this virtual gym, BoxVR, a boxing-inspired workout app which has been described as 'Guitar Hero crossed with a studio boxing workout'. It is the only VR app with workouts choreographed by professional fitness instructors and is currently one of the top selling apps on the Oculus, PlayStationVR and Steam stores.
We’re looking for a copywriter with experience in product copy and ideally gaming or fitness; a mix of creative and technical that understands our core product messages and target audiences. This is a freelance opportunity to weave storytelling into our communications to create copy that engages the audience in the VR space.
This is an opportunity for a 10-hours/week retainer contract.
What You'll Be Doing
- Producing high-quality original copy from a brief and bringing drafts to a high standard through wireframe review, copy review and editing
- Supporting community messaging and tone of voice
- Guiding the company on a consistent narrative across copy
- Demonstrating methodology behind good copy that advances wider company goals
- Conceptualising and delivering copy for product and non-product campaigns (email copy, marketing campaign copy)
- Contributing to live updates of the brand tone of voice and strategic messaging that aligns to wider company goals
- Contributing to the brand tone of voice and strategic messaging
We will have a JIRA/Trello board with the overview of 4 columns: Briefs, In Progress, Review and Completed.
The Briefs column has a template for all the briefs that needs to be filled in for the work to start. Briefs should also include any sketches or wireframes, so the Copywriter understands the environment and the context (might also get a VR unit?).
FitXR reviews the tickets every week with a 30-min call with the Copywriter and prioritizes them according to the needs of the company. The copywriter then fills out the estimated time for the brief and starts working on it, if it’s the highest priority left.
When the draft is ready, the ticket is moved to the Review column and the ticket opener has to review the copy and the copywriter makes any amends based on the feedback.
Once completed the ticket gets moved to the completed section, the ticket opener gets informed that the copy was delivered and is ready.
- Experience writing b2c copy ideally within fitness or health-related matters.
- Passion for creative and documented copy
Our Principles of Play
- Commitment - We are joined in our mission and support and motivate each other to achieve great things.
- Independence - We’ll leave it up to you to use your own judgment and do your job the way you know best.
- Open Mindedness - We continually question the status quo
- Communication - Effective communication is crucial to our success
- Respect - We listen to and learn from each other, and recognise how our own beliefs and actions affect the wider team.
- 🧘♂️ Flexible hours 40-hour working week (core working hours typically 10-4.30)
- 💴 Six-monthly pay reviews
- 💻 Brand new equipment and VR headset
- ⛑ Private Health insurance
- 🧳 Unlimited leave policy
- 🚴 Annual travel pass & Cycle to work scheme
- 📚 Learning budget - $800 per annum
- 🧘♂️ Wellness budget - $600 per annum
- 🍼 Enhanced family leave
- 🏖 Bi-annual offsite and regular get-togethers
- 😀 A great team of talented individuals who love what we do.