We’re looking for a Copywriter to join us in our mission to change the way the world deals with death. By tackling the taboo and making the complex simple, warm and approachable, you’ll have the opportunity to guide people through some of life’s toughest moments.
As a Copywriter at Farewill, you’ll spend your first 12 months:
- working closely with the rest of the creative team to evolve the expression of the brand
- writing informative guides that help make death easier for people
- developing articles with emotive hooks that get shared online and linked to
- getting involved in other forms of written content including social posts, eCRM, advertising and press
- collaborating with our Search Lead to make the work SEO-friendly
- carrying out research and publishing your content using our CMS
You’re well into your career as a writer and you’ve had some exposure to the world of search and SEO. You’ll have ideally had the opportunity to craft copy for a range of formats, from short-form to longer pieces. You might have worked in a fast-growing tech-led company but this isn’t mandatory! Equally, you might have an agency background and you might have freelanced for a while. You might want to take another step professionally and want to work in a place where your words can actually make a difference to people’s lives.We’re looking for someone who...
- has a great portfolio of inspiring, informative and educational articles
- is confident structuring and writing long-form content with keywords in mind
- can manage their own workload to hit deadlines and targets
- is up for pitching new ideas
- loves collaborating but is happy to work independently too
- has an appetite to learn, and wants to expand their repertoire
- really gets the importance of brand and can tell us why
If this sounds like what you’d love to be doing, we can’t wait to hear from you. If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above criteria, get in touch anyway. Personality and attitude is just as important as experience!
As part of your application, we’d love to see your portfolio. Please include an attachment or link.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary and generous stock options
- 28 days of annual leave plus the usual public holidays
- £1000 and 3 days a year to spend on your personal development
- Work from home on Wednesdays, flexible start and end to your day
- Off-site days and team lunches
- Santander cycles membership
- The chance to make a meaningful contribution to people's lives and deaths
At Farewill, we’re out to change the way the world deals with death. Helping people to take control, personally and financially, of what matters to them after they’re gone.