We’re hiring a Copywriter to help us grow customers from 500 to 50,000 in 3 years while being fully remote and working 90% asynchronously. If you have fast internet and are a native english speaker you’re welcome to apply no matter where you live.
Are you an underestimated copywriter with a chip on your shoulder looking for your shot? Together we’ll grow Decibel, a venture backed startup, and you will help take us from $1 million a month in revenue to $50 million a month, in 3 years, and make your mark on the media industry forever.
At Decibel we’re building the audio ads platform of the future disrupting the legacy status quo on the $40 billion / year audio ads market. In just one year we’ve gone from $8000 a month in revenue to over $1,000,000 a month and are just getting started. We’re making it easy for marketers to make audio ads, run them everywhere, measure their outcomes, and optimize their campaigns. Basically we’re making audio a viable channel for performance marketers.
Day to day you’ll be a key part of our content marketing machine. Let’s face it, most adtech marketing sucks. It’s the same boring nonsense with legacy brands throwing out uninspired white papers that people’s eyes gloss over half way through the titles. Not at Decibel. You’re a super adaptable copywriter able to work on many different projects at once and context switch quickly. From blog post summaries of podcasts, to writing onboarding emails, to website copy a/b testing, ad copy, audio ad scripts, and more you’re up to tackle any challenge. You’ll be working for our director of content and community quickly and efficiently moving through assignments to grow both our audience.
The Ideal Candidate Is Someone Who
- Can context switch quickly
- Can produce an incredible breadth and depth of work on a consistent basis
- Is able to match our irreverent and comedic tone
- Is willing to take thoughtful risks with writing
- Is NOT a perfectionist. Is comfortable moving fast and making (smart) mistakes.
- Doesn’t miss the details. When you apply, use the subject line in the email “Crank it up”.
- Can build systems as they work to scale a team.
- Is a note taker / process builder
- Prefers grit to pedigree
Ideal Candidate Experience
- 2+ years of experience with copywriting
- Has worked remote and / or freelance before
- Can point to a portfolio with a wide breadth of work
- Has some knowledge of the paid media and advertising world (Bonus for audio / podcasts experience)
- Has worked with a performance marketing agency or ecommerce brand
And even if you don’t check all the boxes for our ideal candidate, apply anyways, and shoot your shot!
If you’re ready to stir the pot, email me j(at)decibelads(dot)com and gigi(at)decibelads(dot)com. Include a resume and a portfolio / personal website showcasing your work.