Curated is on a mission to humanize online shopping by connecting customers with passionate experts. Our three-sided marketplace allows top tier experts to monetize their passion and helps consumers to make the perfect purchase. We also provide leading brands with a high-touch platform to connect great products with the right buyers.
About This Role
As a Copywriter at Curated, you will be responsible for crafting brand-conscious, conversion-driven copy seen by millions of people every day across our owned properties and campaigns. You’ll play an integral role on our mission to humanize online shopping by building trust with our audiences and helping them make the right purchase decisions guided by real experts.
Strategy is a key part of this role. We’re looking for someone who can not only come up with creative ideas, but own them and ensure they come to life through copy across all brand touch points (including paid media, CRM, social media, PR etc.) – in a way that sounds like Curated.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to feel energized by and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. You can turn around edits quickly, but work with the care required to build a lasting brand. You are confident, but not afraid to learn from feedback. You get to know our users intimately and know how to channel their desires to drive engagement. You’re versatile in your tone, adapting it on the fly for diverse audiences, while maintaining a consistent Curated brand voice.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Coming up with creative ideas in response to briefs and understanding how key brand messages and business directives can be worked into briefs in a creative way
- Developing strong empathy for and understanding of our audiences and their motivations, using data and market research to come up with new copy angles to test
- Working with Brand and Performance Marketing Teams to write copy that helps deliver the best Curated experience for users across all touchpoints (product & campaigns)
- Creating multiple copy options for testing to improve engagement, consistently monitoring performance and finding ways to improve conversion rates
- Knowing which levers to pull if copy is underperforming
- Creating repeatable processes to write high converting copy as we launch many new product verticals & channels
- Continuously developing and acting as guardian of the brand’s TOV across business departments including People Team, Community Support, PR
- 4+ years of experience writing marketing copy for an agency or brand
- Experience writing for ad platforms including Facebook, Google ads, YouTube, and email
- Exceptional attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Some previous experience with content/creative strategy and complex multi-channel rollouts is desirable
- Fluent in direct response marketing concepts and best practices
- Motivated to produce results independently and with a team
- Thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
While these qualifications are typical of a strong candidate, they are not exhaustive and not required unless noted. We take a holistic approach to hiring and would love to connect if this role sounds interesting to you!
Curated was founded in 2017 with a mission to humanize online shopping. We’ve built a collaborative shopping experience brought to life with a community of passionate experts. Every shopper on Curated gets one-on-one personalized advice to find the right products for their needs so they can enjoy more of what they love.
Through our expert community, Curated has created a new type of knowledge-based work that enables people to earn meaningful income related to the activities and products they are passionate about, from anywhere.
Backed by Forerunner Ventures, Greylock, and Capital G, the company is growing fast. We currently specialize in outdoor sporting goods including skiing, snowboarding, golf, camping, cycling, fishing equipment with many new verticals coming soon!
We want to help you maximize your potential, both in your career and your extracurriculars. Full-time employees at Curated get comprehensive healthcare, generous paid time off, significant discounts on the best gear out there, and even a 401(k). We believe that you’ll do your best work when you feel included, valued, and equal.
Our headquarters is located in San Francisco, CA. We offer you the flexibility to work remote or partially in-office.
Curated is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply, as we strive to build a marketplace that serves every demographic with the highest level of quality and respect.