Reporting directly to our Head of PR, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Crowdcube team as Copywriter. You will write a wide range of editorial content, including web, blog and emails, supporting a growing business on the cutting edge of finance and technology. This is a new role so the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the process and management of how content is created at Crowdcube.
Your approach will drive customer conversion and engagement, and will help build and protect brand equity. You will be focused on attention to detail whilst having a creative and results-focused approach to copywriting that will enable you to play a significant role, not only in marketing but across all Crowdcube’s departments. A flair for producing compelling short form and long form copy that stands out from the crowd is a must. Strong team-player credentials, with substantial experience of digital content creation, editorial, and brand marketing is important.
What You Will Be Doing
- Manage and execute editorial content creation including blog posts and web pages.
- Support our Head of PR with drafting press materials and compelling thought leadership copy.
- Manage and deliver all investor communications in partnership with the CRM team to support the commercial objectives of the business.
- Produce B2B content to support our sales team and enhance the customer experience.
- Be the tone of voice champion of the business – ensure all copy is on-brand and effectively communicates Crowdcube’s brand personality.
- Help build and protect brand equity, supporting successful translation and application of the brand.
Ideally You Will Have
- Experience in digital content, editorial and/or content marketing.
- Commercial experience in digital content.
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear way.
- An understanding of usability and how to balance brand messages with a great user experience.
- Understanding of investment and financial services.
- An energetic, agile and organised team-player who will roll up their sleeves and get things done for the good of the brand, a central cog in the marketing department.
- A creative mind-set – we are looking for someone who will constantly spark creative ideas across channels and enthuse others with their fresh thinking.
- A diligent, detail-orientated completer who will deliver high quality work consistently to frequent tight deadlines and to budget.
Who We Are
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What We Are Offering
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses.
We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £35-45k DOE and location
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.
You Will Aspire To Our Four Core Values
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.