This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own performance and direct response copywriting through creating engaging, functional and high-converting copy across advertising, landing pages, whitepapers, e-books and blog posts for a hyper-growth startup. ClickUp is a product led growth company that, up until this 2020, has spent $0 on marketing and grew purely from organic, viral growth as users discovered, grew to love, and shared our software.. ClickUp is the fastest growing productivity app, growing to 200,000+ teams and a $1 billion 🦄 valuation in under 3 years. We’re now one of the fastest growing software companies in the world.
Our product is unique in that it’s highly customizable - it can be used for use cases ranging from very simple to highly complex. It will be your job to owning the copy across new and existing marketing campaigns. You’ll partner with all marketing team members and play a critical role in helping strategize and bring to life copy across key assets. You’ll craft copy for different customer segments across verticals and mediums.
You thrive on making the complicated simple by skillfully taking complex material and communicating the core message in a few winning words. You have extensive experience writing web copy that motivates action by communicating the right message at the right moment in the user journey. You are an accomplished storyteller who knows how to translate customer needs, pain points, preferences, and ambitions into engaging experiences, and above all, you consistently deliver high-quality content.
You’re passionate about writing and know how to drive action through words. You know how to create ad copy that converts, craft emails that move a user to the next stage, and write blog posts that distill complex data into concise takeaways.
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders, designers and producers to identify needs for new copy and provide them with multiple iterations for testing.
- Monitor metrics to track the effectiveness of written copy and quickly iterate off of successful content.
- Edit and rework existing copy, with strong understanding of performance/growth best practices.
- Firm understanding the principles of performance media; including best practices at a channel-level, writing headlines and CTAs that get attention, make a clear point and convert.
- Contribute creative ideas for new types of content, experience enhancements, and editorial opportunities.
- Drive editorial excellence and uphold standards and best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, and style.
- 5+ years of marketing experience, including direct copywriting experience.
- Proven track record of creating and positioning content to convert prospects and support marketing program goals.
- Demonstrates an ability to efficiently and effectively write clear, concise, and grammatically correct copy in a brand’s voice and tone across multiple brand touch-points.
- Digital-first style and a user-centric, strategy-based approach to writing that cuts through the jargon and fluff to bring the essential narrative into focus.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant, inspired writing samples and an effective content development process.
- Ability to thrive in our fast-paced, ever-changing, and highly collaborative environment; and assisting in other marketing, customer support, and company activities as needed.
- Power user with project management software and other productivity tools in order to understand the pain points of our customers.
- Recent experience in B2B software/project management industry verticals.
- Deep understanding of all aspects of content creation, including digital marketing, SEO, web design, strategy, and UX writing.