We’re constantly working towards making Canva the best place to work, for everyone. We believe deeply that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key for building the best product for our equally diverse community all around the world.
We celebrate uniqueness and whatever makes you, you and encourage everyone who wants to help us transform the way the world designs, to join us on this journey. We value all different types of experiences. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
At Canva, our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for anyone and everyone, on every platform. Inspired by a team of talented thinkers, an amazing culture and a remarkable growth trajectory – we’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
Since launch in August 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 60 million monthly active users across 190 different countries who have created more than 6 Billion designs. We are one of the world’s fastest-growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we want to do.
At Canva, we empower the world to design. Our mission is to democratise design and video, and empower creativity for anyone on any platform. Inspired by a team of talented creatives, an amazing culture, and remarkable growth trajectory—we’re one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies and we have only achieved about 1% of what we are hoping to do!
If you’d love to create compelling ads that will be seen and loved by 10 million users across 190 different countries, be one of our creative partners! We’re out to change the world, one design at a time.
About The Team
The Marketing & Engagement Group’s mission is for Canva “to become the most-loved brand in the world”. We are scaling our team, budgets and operations to drive brand awareness and growth in our 100+ markets around the world.
With our mission to amplify Canva's story across digital touchpoints while driving sustainable growth & revenue through automation and intelligence.
About The Role
We’re looking for a Freelance Copywriter to support our Growth Marketing Creative team, working closely alongside our in-house Creative team to help produce compelling ad copy for marketing campaigns across multiple channels.
If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll experience all aspects of paid social advertising from ideation to production.
What You'll Do
- Write captivating headline and caption copy for marketing campaigns across multiple social platforms.
- Write succinct and engaging copy for our Google search ads.
- Write compelling content for our marketing landing pages and emails.
- Collaborate closely with the in-house creative team in conceptualizing and producing content for marketing campaigns.
- Revise copy based on internal feedback.
- Support the Creative Team in accomplishing copywriting tasks for ongoing and upcoming projects to fulfill deliverables according to timelines
We'd Love It If You Have
- 1-3+ years experience as a copywriter or editor, creating a diverse range of marketing content.
- Passion for writing and editing beautifully crafted copy for every kind of content - from ad copy to landing pages and everything in between.
- A keen eye for detail when creating short and long-form copy in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or interest in localization, editing or proofreading.
- Experience in writing for high performing digital campaigns is a plus
- Diligence to always deliver outputs on time, even when you’re creating high-volume copywriting requirements with tight deadlines.
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling.
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate with remote creative teams, and be able to sell ideas on creative brainstorms.
When Applying To This Role, Please Provide The Following
- A link to your portfolio
- Your availability
- Your hourly rate.