Hi, we’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
Bulb is the UK's biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time. Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019 (and we’re still limbering up).
Naturally, we’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp, too. That means we believe in using business as a force for good.
But, here’s the thing - the energy industry is complicated. And many people don’t trust things they can’t understand. So clear communication is central to our mission.
Clear communication tells a compelling story, makes complex things simple and builds trust into the relationships we’re creating. It’s a challenge. If it sounds like one you’d like to help solve, perhaps you’re the person we need.
We’re looking for a full-time copywriter. You’ll help us write everything from landing pages to emails, digital ads to energy guides. But it’s not all digital – sometimes you’ll be writing for print too.
In This Role You Will
- Plan, develop and write content, including website landing pages, emails, blog posts and paid advertising
- Proofread, adapt and edit content created by other team members
- Work closely with the Marketing team to create extraordinary, entertaining content for our members, including performance content to achieve our business goals
- Work closely with the Product teams to explain to new members what we’ve got to offer, and why it’s so good
We want to hire people with the experience necessary to get going quickly at Bulb. But we're also interested in people who want to learn new things and feel comfortable working in a changing environment.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- A portfolio of work, showing a range of content including creative copywriting, performance marketing and social media
- A knack for getting to the heart of complex subjects and explaining them simply
- A good sense of when to have fun with copy – and when to stop
- Experience making evidence-based decisions
- A talent for managing projects from start to finish, while communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
- Experience of working to tone of voice guidelines
- The ability to work collaboratively, and the confidence to work alone
Bulb cares deeply about helping the technology industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example.
- Be part of a growing technology startup and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible, and friendly environment
- Competitive salary, discretionary share options and bonus
- 33 days holiday a year (including bank holidays) and the option to buy up to 5 more
- 12 weeks of full pay for maternity, paternity or adoption leave
- Healthcare with Vitality after passing probation, life insurance, and a pension plan with employer contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- One month sabbatical leave after your first year