Blackboard Student Success
We’re looking for a Copywriter to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world.
Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
At Blackboard, we believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices, but who we are as a company.
Blackboard’s Marketing and Enrollment organization is looking for a knowledgeable, results-oriented marketing copywriter to join our client-facing delivery team and work directly with our Higher Education partners as well as with various internal stakeholders. We’re focused on helping our clients navigate marketing and recruit students confidently by making data-driven decisions that address the big challenges facing their institutions today.
The Copywriter will be responsible for the copywriting of marketing assets that drive enrollment growth for institutions. There will be a heavy emphasis on using data and analytics to refine the messaging approach and optimize conversions.
This position is an amalgam of analytical and creative responsibilities, requiring a clear understanding of best practices related to digital marketing, direct response, SEO, social media, and content marketing. This person will need to be a self-starter who is able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
While not directly client-facing, the success of this position depends upon this person’s commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction.
Primary Responsibilities Will Include
- Playing a critical role in developing the messaging needed to support the enrollment process
- Completing content projects on behalf of Blackboard clients including (but not limited to):
- Microsites and landing page copy
- Digital display ad copy
- Paid search copy
- Social media assets
- Content marketing pieces (infographics, e-books, blogs, video scripts)
- Executing on best practices related to SEO and content marketing
- Incorporating audience insights and marketing data where applicable
- Completing any research needed to inform copy and content pieces including research for blog development and e-books on behalf of the client
- Collaborating on information gathering from subject matter experts including interviews and survey development
- Working with Blackboard consultants to conduct in-depth assessments of existing client websites to identify areas for improvement and uncover barriers to organic page ranking as it relates to content
- Researching search queries applicable to client websites and providing guidance on keyword lists
- Identifying opportunities for content development and asset creation based on keyword ranking
- Guiding the development of helpful tools and reports including content calendars, best practices, and audits on behalf of Higher Ed clients
- Developing content for creative materials such as infographics and social media tools as needed to augment content marketing efforts
- Bachelor’s degree (emphasis in creative writing/English/marketing/design preferred)
- 3+ years of copywriting experience in a marketing capacity
- Experience writing for digital media including websites, display ads, and paid search
- Strong ability to collaborate with designers and marketing strategists
- Experience developing content marketing pieces that build on search engine optimization (SEO)
- Strong attention to detail, focused on quality
- Thorough understanding of overall marketing strategy, marketing new media techniques, and integrated communications
- Customer success mindset and perspective
- Collaborative individual, with relationship-building skills that generate enthusiasm and produce results beyond expectations
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail
- Independent, self-starter with strong prioritization, project management, and coordination skills
- Ability to excel in a fluid, cross-functional team environment
- Marketing/Ad agency experience
- Experience working with project management systems and software
- Experience working in higher education
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is not available for candidates residing in the following states: CO, CA, MA.
Req ID: 588