Big Spaceship began in 2000 with the belief that culture and behavior, above and beyond technology and platforms, are the keys to connecting brands with people. We are continually evolving that belief, bringing together stories, systems, and communities to help businesses across industries thrive on a global scale.
We pride ourselves on fostering constant creativity and collaboration, internally and externally, throughout the entire working process. This commitment to partnership has been a key part of the success we share with our clients. We’re an eclectic mix of designers, technologists, strategists, producers, and analysts, trying to achieve something new and powerful together.
Big Spaceship is looking for a Senior Copywriter who will be responsible for developing relevant, memorable and highly creative concepts for clients through language and ideas that support strategy, design, and brand expression.
The ideal candidate will be confident in presenting their ideas to clients and demonstrating the strategic underpinnings of the work. At Big Spaceship ideas come first. Where they live is secondary, so they should be familiar with working in all channels – digital, social, TV, film, postcards, letters home, the whole bit.
Role + Responsibilities
- Come up with ideas. All. Day. Long.
- Participate in content ideation for marketing campaigns, leveraging an understanding of audiences, channel strategies, and social trends
- Work directly with an Art Director partner and be willing to collaborate fiercely with every other discipline in the shop
- Brainstorm with insight and empathy to help solve problems in awesome, sometimes hilarious, compelling ways
- Curate content by promoting videos/stories/memes that are about to become part of the conversation in a big way
- Maintain awareness of the Recently Possible and look for opportunities to innovate and develop new ways to bring big brand ideas to life
- 5-7 years of copywriting experience - preferably across different agency backgrounds.
- Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or a related field
- Portfolio of work demonstrating copy capabilities in both digital and social mediums
- Deep understanding of all major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, etc) as well as smaller and emerging platforms
- A passion for digital culture and inventing solutions to tomorrow's challenges today
- Exceptional writing and presentation abilities
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across disciplines
- Familiarity with AP style.