Big Sky Health—creator of the world’s most popular fasting app Zero—is passionate about helping people live healthier, longer lives. Our digital experiences provide information, motivation, and accountability on your path toward wellness. We’re a small, mission-driven, Series A startup with an incredible team of scientific experts and investors. We are looking for thoughtful collaborators and strategic self-starters who are driven and care deeply to positively make an impact on the health and well-being of millions of people.
Big Sky Health is 100% remote, with team members working from their favorite desks in Los Angeles, Toronto, Lisbon, Nairobi, and yes, Big Sky, Montana. We offer competitive salary and benefits, unlimited time off, and a stipend for making your work space work for you. We’re comfortable with and enthusiastic about working across time zones and hiring globally. While maintaining the flexibility to work from anywhere, we require all to have some overlapping hours with Mountain Time working hours.
About the role
The ideal candidate will be a true storyteller with a passion for health and wellness; a resourceful self-starter who works well with other teams, is highly organized and has an eye for detail. You’ll be responsible for the Zero Fasting brand voice across the organization, leading the effort to bring in new community members with aspirational brand stories. A knack for testing and iterating copy to see what resonates is a must. Applicants should have experience working in health & wellness, mobile apps, or ideally both.
In this role, you will
- Develop a deep understanding of the Zero brand and tone of voice, alongside developing an ability to craft effective copy in said voice
- Action briefs and maintain product awareness for effective communication of value props
- Write compelling, brand-aware copy across all email, social, push, marketing, content, and web experiences
- Develop and test concepts for user-acquisition and other advertising needs
- Edit content pieces written by researchers and experts to help distill complex scientific ideas into accessible, actionable, easy-to-understand and entertaining articles and video scripts
- Write email copy to help keep our community engaged with our content ecosystem, as well as in-app events and updates
- Test concepts and write caption copy for content across our social media channels
- Keep projects on track, while keeping messaging on target.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of copywriting experience with a portfolio demonstrating both short-form and long-form storytelling
- An English, rhetoric, or advertising degree with a focus on storytelling and audience engagement
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced startup environment across multiple workstreams and teams
- Showcase mastery of (and a love for) grammar
- Have a general knowledge of health concepts and an ability to translate more complicated concepts for a broader audience
- Understanding the nuances and complexities of conversations around weight loss and whole body health
- Ability to take feedback well and turn around new, exciting versions of creative concepts
- Be a master of brevity
- Experience with UI and ad writing a plus.
We’ve got big dreams, a wonderful team, strong traction and an exciting roadmap. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and identities. Bringing on new talent is an opportunity for us to enrich our company culture with brand new perspectives. Join us!