Bakery is a creative and R&D company headquartered in Austin, TX with offices in Tokyo. We work with trendsetter brands to launch products that informed consumers want. Brands like Smirnoff, LaCroix, Nike and Audi turn to Bakery to achieve their business goals by using data to inform great storytelling through innovative media channels. In 2020, Bakery was named #2 Best Place To Work by AdAge in the small agency category.
We're looking for a proven Copywriter. Bakery writers should have an inimitable desire, passion, and ability to concept and write for film, digital, OOH, print and radio. In large part responsible for the ideas we develop, writers should be witty and able to generate smart, useful ideas that are on strategy.
If you feel like you can write unique concepts and present them in ways that floor our clients, read on to find out the details of the opportunity.
- Implement a combination of strategic, conceptual and writing skills in order to deliver persuasive stories and copy to our clients and their audience.
- Write engaging scripts and UX tracks for film, social/ digital campaigns, animation or live experiences.
- Deliver impressive presentations! You’ll be the greatest advocate for our work, but you’ll also listen and internalize feedback so that we can come back with creative that exceeds expectations.
- Manage the creative process; keep things flowing smoothly, continually reviewing and optimizing every piece of creative work that you and your team produces.
- Inspire & motivate your creative team, galvanizing them to execute large-scale, cross-channel projects that are creatively brilliant and strategically on point, on time and on budget.
- Be an active part of the company’s culture, bringing fresh ideas consistently to your team and your Director, even when they’re not attached to a client brief.
- Professional experience crafting high-quality written content, stories and concepts within a creative or agency environment.
- Online portfolio of work demonstrating an expertise in creative writing with experience working on a variety of projects, namely in film, social, and web content.
- A restlessly creative mind is a must! At Bakery we’re asked to innovate on a regular basis, not tread the beaten path. This means you must have opinions and ideas, along with a voice to express them properly and within the context of a brief.
- Grammar and spelling authority.
- Strong copy editing and proofing skills. Attention to small details in both copy decks and designs won’t just save everyone headaches, it’s extremely important.
- Experience developing successful concepts working in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and mentor other writers.
- General knowledge of tech platforms and their limitations.
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Vacation Time
- Summer Skip Days/Mini Retreats
- Pet Friendly Office
- Yearly Creative Stipend
- No Time Tracking!