The Copywriter is a self-motivated creative who has a keen eye for fun and exciting storytelling. This person is fluent in concepting and collaborating, and has mastered the art of writing in multiple styles for various channels.
They are comfortable presenting copy and creative concepts to clients, and their ideas are fun, fresh, and always on brand. They understand the fundamentals of writing and the importance of strategy and leverage both to develop cohesive, forward-thinking stories that engage audiences.
The Copywriter is motivated by collaboration, continued learning, and creative excellence. The account that you will be working on will have a heavy focus on bringing brand, product, digital, and ecommerce assets to life.
Who We Are
ADVOC8 is an experiential communications agency. We work with corporate brands, nonprofits and associations to tell their stories by transforming existing mediums into divergent experiences that build lasting connections. We use the power of strategy based experiential storytelling to partner with brands boldly seeking to change perceptions, actions and beliefs.
We prefer to push boundaries with our creative and innovate beyond the industry expected, while offering a fluid project management process. We build lasting relationships with our clients and consider ourselves extensions of their team.
At ADVOC8, our approach to creativity is collaborative. All ideas are welcome, curiosity is encouraged and growth is a priority.
- Bring genuine, original creative ideas to both participate in and lead creative ideation
- Write exciting and compelling copy, headlines, taglines, scripts, briefs and calls to action
- Manage the quality of copywriting deliverables to ensure concepts and copy tones are on brand and strategically sound to meet creative standards and client expectations
- Set guidelines for the tone and style of branded content leveraging different language styles to appeal to various target markets
- Provide direction on communications challenges in a variety of channels including social media and eCommerce.
- Oversee the development of the client narratives, including initial conversations with clients, ideation and execution
- Present and pitch creative strategy work in conjunction with Art Director
- 5+ years of experience in copywriting, marketing, or advertising
- Bachelor’s degree in English, marketing, journalism or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Acrobat and Google Suite
- Demonstrated experience copywriting for the digital space
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Passion for storytelling and helping others tell stories to inspire action
- Ability to balance multiple projects, delegate work effectively, and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills; detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Collaborative and self-motivated with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset
This is a contract position that will commensurate with an agreed upon scope and compensation structure.
Advoc8 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to achieving a diverse workforce and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Advoc8 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
All employment decisions at Advoc8 are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Advoc8 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.