Adcetera is seeking an experienced senior content writer to develop creative strategies and written content for Fortune 500 clients and start-ups in a variety of industries.
We are looking for more than someone who can write and edit copy with excellence. The ideal candidate is experienced in developing digital content and uses sharp critical-thinking and creative skills to generate bold ideas, drive strategic messaging, and design and build the story architecture of each client project.
This is an office-based role. The candidate can work in Adcetera’s Midtown Houston or The Woodlands office, depending on their preference. At this time, remote or work-from-home arrangements will not be considered. (We follow CDC guidelines for wearing masks, frequent handwashing, and social distancing in each office.)
- Creative Concept Development: Dream, develop, and sell in big ideas.
- Strategic Engagement: Collaborate with clients, leadership, and peers to translate business strategies into creative content.
- Content Generation: Write meaningful stories and narratives for a variety of clients, projects, and marketing channels.
- Digital Proficiency: Work with Strategy and Interactive teams to produce web-based content including SEO keywords, paid search copy, dynamic ad copy, webpage metadata, and compelling web copy (with the ability to add that copy into a CMS).
- Focused Expertise: Become a client- and industry-focused expert, and know what’s acceptable, what’s preferred, and what’s trending with both the markets and the audience.
- Brand Adherence: Know our clients’ brands inside and out, working within their prescribed guidelines, style, and preferences.
- Active Participation: Ask questions. Pitch ideas. Share your knowledge.
- TBD: Be ready to learn new methods and devise new approaches. It takes confidence and agility to do things that have never been done before.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications, or a related field.
- Experience: Minimum five years of professional writing experience with three years of agency or related experience.
- Proficiency: Strong writing and storytelling ability with excellent, highly developed communication, interpersonal, and critical-thinking skills. You must be able to present to clients with confidence, polish, and command of the subject matter.
- Knowledge: Fluent knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office required. Familiarity with style guides including but not limited to Strunk and White, AP Style, and Chicago Manual of Style. Previous experience working with industry-related software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Confluence, WordPress, and Drupal / Acquia is a plus.
- Self-Motivation: Highly driven, proactive, organized, strategic thinker who is flexible enough to change in fast-paced environments.
- Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and 3–5 writing samples.
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits including discretionary bonus plan, full employee health coverage, generous paid time off policy, and internal promotion strategy.
- Creative, fun-loving, team-based culture.