The entire mission of this role is to create compelling social media content across LinkedIn (mainly), Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for executive and author clients, building their personal brands that align with their overall brand goals and strategies as identified and updated throughout their campaign.
- Develop multiple pieces of content/week in the form of long captions, graphics, videos on LinkedIn/Facebook/Twitter/Instagram for authors and executives
- Work alongside the personal brand strategist and project manager to infuse marketing strategy into social media channels
- Review and edit weekly articles for the client to publish on social media
- Use metrics of social media/marketing activity to tweak the strategy and copy
- Assist in social media for multiple brands, from content development to post copywriting to channel strategy to understanding data and insights in order to deliver data-driven results
- Use brand guidelines to ensure that content is on-brand and on-voice, serves the brands' communities, drives engagement, and generates results
- Engage with subject matter experts as well as management teams to digest complex topics to be summarized into copy
- Research client, their industry, and their brand to fully understand and get immersed into the client so that the copy comes across in their voice.
- Learn from and make revisions in a timely manner.
- Attend or review recorded client brand building calls
- Attend weekly team meetings
Key Performance Indicators This Position is Responsible for
- Understand and achieve KPIS for the copywriting role
- 6 hours or less spent on 12-post set
- 10 hours or less spent on 20-post set
- Average 75% social set approvals from clients
- Average 95% revisions approved from clients
- No more than 3 revision request for a 12-post set or 4 revision request for a 20-post set per Personal Brand Strategist
- Average 90% writing deadline met
Personality Traits that will help you thrive in this position
- Excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, and analytical skills and outstanding organizational, prioritization, and multitasking skills.
- A Metrics Mind: A client account strategist will ultimately be the person who looks at data to make the assessment of “Are we on target for achieving the client’s Northern Star Brand Mission?” You want to be excited by and curious about metrics rather than intimidated by looking at them.
- A brand chameleon: You must be able to juggle multiple brand personas and corresponding projects
- Detail-oriented: You are heavily involved in the day-to-day content that reflects our clients’ personal brands. A keen eye for detail will be key.
- A Curious Mind: We are in the business of learning the business and personality of each of our clients. Being endlessly curious and having a dedication to learning will help you thrive.
- Positive "can-do" attitude that is solutions-oriented.
- Coachable: We are always learning how we might provide greater excellence. Having an openness and excitement for learning what worked well, what can be done better, and adding creative insights is key to being successful in this position.
- The ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail, including paying attention to punctuation, grammar, and content flow, and clarity.
- Sense of humor/little dash of snark: We find the most compelling copy to be self-aware. You know how to “wink” at an audience through words.
Skillsets/Experience that will help you thrive in this position
- Copywriting/copyediting: Wordsmithery will make you excel in this position. Having impeccable written and verbal communications skills is key (writing test will be required)
- An analytical and research-oriented mind
- Social media prowess is definitely desired, as this position ultimately revolves around building brands on social media. You must have intimate knowledge of the social media sphere, including how to achieve strategic success on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Working knowledge of graphic design software, such as Canva, and/or video editing software is a significant plus
- Flexibility in schedule (some evenings and weekends as required by event schedule and workload)
- The ability to get things done by engaging in high-level teamwork and flexing your interpersonal skills
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with the LinkedIn platform and general LinkedIn strategy
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, English, Creative Writing, Journalism or a related field of study
- Minimum of two years in a social media marketing role or similar role (agency or in-house)
Tools/Software Used in this position
- Google Workspace
- Word editor
- Teamwork Project Management
- Teamwork Chat
This position is fully remote and we are looking for professionals on a contractual basis. The contract is up to 100 hours per month to start with the potential to work into full-time.
About Brandwise Media
Founded in 2015, Brandwise Media is a woman-owned, personal brand consultancy based in New York, New York. We are an agile fully remote team who partner with clients and other agencies to build executive and author personal brands using content marketing strategies through the platform of LinkedIn.
Brandwise Media also developed one of the first online courses centered around LinkedIn, The Influence Academy, to teach executives how to position themselves as thought leaders in their respective spaces. To date, over 125 executives have completed the program. Given Brandwise Media's CEO Kait LeDonne’s specific influence on the platform, we have access to LinkedIn employees and new platform features, the benefits of which we pass along to our clients.
Our purpose is to inspire and connect people. Our niche is to clarify messages to create content that resonates.
Our values shape our brand...
3 solutions first | "Can do, ready to" attitude | Initiator-extraordinaire
*Genuinely Invested *
White hot and passionate, not lukewarm | In it to win it for the team and your client | Understands, values, and is committed to the power of reputation
*Insatiably Curious *
Lifelong learner | Seeks the heart of the matter | Growth-oriented
In a world where you can be anything, be kind | Having fun is a priority
No ego, amigo! | Own your stuff | Open, with the courage to be wrong
We go further together | Community-minded | Creative partnership for solutions
To apply for this position, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover letter
- 3 social media (preferably LinkedIn) new or previously created posts.